Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington to Sell Civilian ACR Rifle in Early 2010

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Remington to Sell Civilian ACR Rifle in Early 2010

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com...in-early-2010/

From Accurate Shooter:

Remington to Sell Civilian ACR Rifle in Early 2010
    Filed under: News, ▫Articles — Tags: ACR, AR15 Replacement, Bushmaster, Magpul, Masada, Remington — Editor @ 8 am

This past week, Remington held a new products seminar in Kerrville, TX. While Remington tried to impose a “news embargo” through November 15, details leaked out about many of Remington’s new guns.

Remington Adaptive Combat Rifle ACR

The big news is the planned release of a civilian, semi-auto version of the Adaptive Combat Rifle (ACR). The Guns and Hunting Blog “spilled the beans”, revealing that Remington plans to sell a semi-auto ACR in the civilian market, starting in the first half of 2010. Based on a Magpul prototype, the ACR has been under development for two years, as a collaboration between Bushmaster and Remington. Price for the civilian ACR is expected to be under $2000, considerably less than the FN SCAR, a similar weapon now being tested by the U.S. Military.

Remington Adaptive Combat Rifle ACR

The civilian version of the modular ACR will likely sport a 16.5″, 1:7″ twist barrel standard. Multiple barrel lengths can be fitted (see diagram above), and barrels can be changed without tools. Remarkably the entire gun can be field-stripped down to six major components in under 90 seconds. The ACR features integral rails on top of the receiver and on the forearm. The buttstock adjusts for length and also folds back using a hinge at the rear of the receiver. The charging handle is non-reciprocating. Weight with a 14.5″ barrel (no magazine) is 7 pounds.

Adam Heggenstaller of Guns and Hunting reports: “The consumer version will be offered with a 16.5-inch barrel, but Bushmaster will also be making barrels with lengths of 10.5, 14.5 and 18 inches. The first version of the ACR will be chambered in 5.56×45 mm, of course, but since a tool-less disassembly allows you to change bolt heads, barrels and magazines, the ACR can be user-configured to run with other cartridges as well. Ongoing development will focus on the 6.8 mm Rem. SPC, 7.62×39 mm, a yet-to-be-disclosed 6.5 mm round and the .30 Rem AR.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd be interested if it came out in a decent 6.5 round...real interested!
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm surprised with Bushmaster's involvement they didn't put a 1/9 barrel on it

I look forward to seeing this physically on dealers' shelves.....

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Well at least this skirts the whole "I want an ACR but I don't want it if Bushmaster is making it" argument. I for one welcome our polymer overlords.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you read the linked blog that the accurateshooter article is based off of, it seems that the civilian version is still coming from Bushmaster, not Remington. It also links you to an update on the Bushmaster website, saying that they're trying for a release date in the first half of 2010. Looks like we're still stuck with Bushmaster for the semi-auto version.

In the blog linked from accurateshooter you can also see pictures that the guy snapped of the ACR, and I'm disappointed already (you'll understand when you see the barrel, why can't we get away from the m4 profile, especially on a 16"+ barrel?).

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Blerg! you're right!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    As it has been explained to me, Remington has the MIL contacts and resources to sell to the military. I always thought that Bushmaster had a lot of gov business, but I guess not much of it is actual MIL, more LEO?

Am I happy it is a Bushmaster, not really. I may cover up all those snake logos with MAGPUL stickers. I bet if you put $100 bucks a month away, you'll be able to buy one with out the wife knowing . Not looking to be a early adopter that gets skinned for an early model.

I'd really like to know how much influence the Magpul guys have had over the continued development. If they just dropped off the Massada TD package and Bushmaster has run with it from there, I'm not that excited.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Why 16.5"?

Feedback Score
    As bad as I want one (sooner than later obviously,) I'll probably wait for the ACR to see a ton of trigger time by other Joe's who have less patience then I.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascades236 View Post
    As bad as I want one (sooner than later obviously,) I'll probably wait for the ACR to see a ton of trigger time by other Joe's who have less patience then I.
    I pretty much agree. As far as they layout of the rifle, I think it is about perfect. I don't see me buying one of the first ones, but if everything shakes out okay after a year or so I will probably buy one.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast