Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alert for Mountain Bikers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Alert for Mountain Bikers

For those interested there is going to be a National showing of the documentary about this year's Leadville 100 race at theaters nationwide this Thursday and ONLY this Thursday. You will have to check your local theaters to see who is showing it. It is called

RACE AGAINST THE SKY
    here is the trailor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUol4...layer_embedded

Here is also a clip of a documentary on this year's 24 HOURS OF MOAB (which my wife's team came in 5th in 5 Person Co-Ed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NLPP9eO0pE
    Last edited by M4Fundi; 10-20-09 at 01:49.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for the reminder!

Heck, even if you're not a mountain biker I think you'd enjoy watching this. The Leadville 100 is amazing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Made my first visit to Leadville this Summer, saw the preview for this in the theatre last weekend, looking forward to seeing it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Many thanks for the heads up. I had not heard a thing about it but will be there on Thursday.

LiveStrong

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It would be quite an accomplishment to earn a belt buckle at Leadville let alone win it the way Lance did this year!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Distinguished Rifleman #1558
    President's Hundred

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My wife has just missed the buckle a couple of times and I'm hoping she gets it next year so I don't have to hear about it anymore

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    My wife has just missed the buckle a couple of times and I'm hoping she gets it next year so I don't have to hear about it anymore
    She must be a pretty solid rider and I hope she does get that buckle! Colorado has some great riding and I hope to get down there again soon.

Forrest
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Distinguished Rifleman #1558
    President's Hundred

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I rarely ride with her anymore... b/c I spend most of the time bleeding or cussing or both

She loves the really technical crap and she nearly kills me all the time. Last year at MOAB after Slickrock I spent over an hour in the medic tent with 6 paramedics trying to get all the cactus needles out of my shoulder and back. When I wrecked my skin was stretched... cactus spines went in deep muscle and most broke off and then the skin stretched back over them and the paramedics were trying to stretch my skin to match the holes with the lumps under the skin to extract them Anyhoo, I can't keep up with her

Just noticed the moose, well done! I had my dogs pointing moose in Saskatchewan the other day. The photo is pretty bizarre to see a GSP pointing a moose on rolling yellow plains. Have you seen the photos of the twin albino moose in Michigan? Amazingly beautiful!
    Last edited by M4Fundi; 10-22-09 at 04:02.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    With temps in the 70s here I'm going to skip the show and go night riding instead. I'll catch it on DVD.

Feedback Score
    always nice when you find bike riders in unsuspecting places. I met two at the last three gun match I went to. go figure.

Mule

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast