Page 635 of 645 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 6447

Thread: The Official SBR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Munch,
    How do you like the LEAF on your Dbals? Any draw backs? Right now I have a Magpul PRO mounted backwards as far forward as I can. Dbal is just as far back as needed for the front sight to work. I can still get to the battery but it's not the easiest.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    None that I've found, the newer gen is a nice improvement, which is on the 11.5 on the left. Current model is just a bit taller. Gun on the right is my partners, he's had the older gen on there for a while and also likes it.

Honestly, I threw it on there to check out and because my optic mount has a rear aperture integrated into it. Had a rear iron sight figured why not add a front? But using irons is about the last redundant aiming device I want to mess with since there's a vis laser on the gun, and a micro sight (T2 in this instance). If by some miracle the Aimpoint and dbal both go down, if my target's visible in the narrow tube of the rds, acceptable hits via a gross sight picture are good to within _____m (distance dependent on your barrel length, ammo).

Just another reason I prefer the Aimpoint micro series. But again, if your work dictates you have BUIS...or if you need a backup sighting system with some precision and think that you'll realistically be lining up your front/rear irons...the leaf is a really cool way to be efficient, especially on SBRs or shorter rails.
    Last edited by munch520; 11-24-21 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    None that I've found, the newer gen is a nice improvement, which is on the 11.5 on the left. Current model is just a bit taller. Gun on the right is my partners, he's had the older gen on there for a while and also likes it.

Honestly, I threw it on there to check out and because my optic mount has a rear aperture integrated into it. Had a rear iron sight figured why not add a front? But using irons is about the last redundant aiming device I want to mess with since there's a vis laser on the gun, and a micro sight (T2 in this instance). If by some miracle the Aimpoint and dbal both go down, if my target's visible in the narrow tube of the rds, acceptable hits via a gross sight picture are good to within _____m (distance dependent on your barrel length, ammo).

Just another reason I prefer the Aimpoint micro series. But again, if your work dictates you have BUIS...or if you need a backup sighting system with some precision and think that you'll realistically be lining up your front/rear irons...the leaf is a really cool way to be efficient, especially on SBRs or shorter rails.
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to review what I have and see if it makes sense. Was thinking I could do one of those on this rifle and my my magpul pro over to another. Now that I'm looking at it I was thinking of adding a riser to lift my aimpoint pro... think my buis would be blocked at that point. My aimpoint mount is QD so if needed I could take it off.

I don't use it for "work" but is my go to should I need it for any type of home defense or other uses.

Feedback Score
    I gave my SBR a makeover with a new DD MK18 upper. Ditched the CASV handguard and VLTOR EMOD stock that served me well for over a decade. But it was very old and tired.PXL_20211219_154723462.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    That thig is sick. She is ugly yet beautiful all at the same time.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What hight does that work out to be for your Aimpoint? Guessing close to 2", work okay for shooting passive with NODS?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    646258B3-B1CF-4F78-A055-D2E1F902B174.jpeg

I tried for years to like .300 BlkOut but just never could warm up to it. Made a conversion to 9mm. I really like the 9mm ARs.

On the forumns, I'm going to pass this off as if BCM produces it so people will go looking for it.

11.3" 9mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d poynter View Post
    646258B3-B1CF-4F78-A055-D2E1F902B174.jpeg

I tried for years to like .300 BlkOut but just never could warm up to it. Made a conversion to 9mm. I really like the 9mm ARs.

On the forumns, I'm going to pass this off as if BCM produces it so people will go looking for it.

11.3" 9mm
    Nice. Did you paint the lowers or did they come anodized gray from BCM?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Nice. Did you paint the lowers or did they come anodized gray from BCM?
    That's actually Sniper Gray cerakote. This used to be a RECCE 9, so it was all black.

The MCMR and small parts are cerakoted also. The black is more glossy than I would have liked, but that's okay.

Not only did I want it cerakoted, but I can remove a .300 BlkOut barrel but I don't have the tools to install that 9mm barrel. I just take it up to a place in San Antonio and they coat it and put it together the way I want.

I've got a ton of money into this one, but I had gotten to the point that I didn't care about that.

Page 635 of 645 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637 ... LastLast