Page 53 of 645 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official SBR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    My HK416 10.5" on an LMT lower. I've had it for a few months now.

Very nice! Does the light ever get gunked up being that close to the flash hider?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    Very nice! Does the light ever get gunked up being that close to the flash hider?
    Yes, but so far it has not been that big of a deal. Just some gunk on the lense after prolonged firing and a slight burn mark of the light's bezel.

I plan on buying a SureFire FH556-212A flash hider/adapter that should fix the issue.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    ehr & msr: It's a Robinson XCR. I had Alex cut a heavy profile 12" bbl. back to 11" and then turn it down to a light profile. The gas block shoulder sits at 9" so the shortest reliable bbl. you can use is an 11". He is in the process of making a shorter piston/op-rod and when he is finished he will turn an 8" light barrel in 6.8 SPC for me. I will have to mill the top rail back 2.5" to accomodate the gas block but what I will end up with is an 8" PDW in 6.8 SPC. The side and bottom rails will terminate at the end of the barrel giving the PDW that MP5SD look. As it is now the ballance is better than my other SBR'd AR's and the adjustable gas system allows me to tune it for the least amount of recoil for any ammo I am using. I shoot 2k or 3k rounds between cleanings and probably could go much longer than that as it doesn't get very dirty with the piston set the way it is.

MadDog

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

S/F,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    ehr & msr: It's a Robinson XCR. I had Alex cut a heavy profile 12" bbl. back to 11" and then turn it down to a light profile. The gas block shoulder sits at 9" so the shortest reliable bbl. you can use is an 11". He is in the process of making a shorter piston/op-rod and when he is finished he will turn an 8" light barrel in 6.8 SPC for me. I will have to mill the top rail back 2.5" to accomodate the gas block but what I will end up with is an 8" PDW in 6.8 SPC. The side and bottom rails will terminate at the end of the barrel giving the PDW that MP5SD look. As it is now the ballance is better than my other SBR'd AR's and the adjustable gas system allows me to tune it for the least amount of recoil for any ammo I am using. I shoot 2k or 3k rounds between cleanings and probably could go much longer than that as it doesn't get very dirty with the piston set the way it is.

MadDog

I've been "Lurking" on the XCR forum for a spell.. VERY freakin' NICE..!! Please DO keep us posted on progress..!

Thanks for the update,

E!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Here's my .22 SBR, using a 7.5" Kuehl barrel and a Millet 1-4x scope. The muzzle ends right behind the end of the handguard, so I put a Phantom flash suppressor on it for now. I realize the scope looks sort of goofy with it sticking out so far towards the muzzle; my plan is to get a QD F/A capable .22 suppressor to use with the gun, which should help balance it a little more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_ATS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by molsen View Post
    Here's the way I'm gonna keep my SBR.
    That's some funny shit right there...

Stephen
    Okay, so maybe I lied.

Feedback Score

LMT MRP CQB 10.5" - KAC QDSS-NT4
    Ops Inc 12th Model
    Para Black Ops 8+1
    Remington 700 AAC-SD .308
    Remington 870P 14" SBS
    Ruger 10/22 Tactical - AAC Pilot
    S&W M&P340
    S&W M&P40

Feedback Score
    MadDog, how well does the XCR do with the can? Any of the blow back issues like with an AR? Is it as quiet as a suppressed AR (or close?) I've heard they are a little louder. I was thinking about doing a similar build to what you have there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentButDeadly View Post
    Being an avid LMT and Magpul fan that setup really get me going! Nice rig, hopefully I'll have an SBR that will look something like that someday.

Page 53 of 645 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast