Page 542 of 645 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592642 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 6447

Thread: The Official SBR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Highly hypothetical situation? I don't think so. Having worked in law enforcement I can confirm that I have met many misinformed officers. I don't think it's unreasonable to be prepared for something like this to happen. I agree with everything else you said.

And I apologize for participating in this thread drift.
    Last edited by 556BlackRifle; 07-24-16 at 14:55.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    [IMG]image1(2) by BCM_Noveske, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by HeliPilot; 07-24-16 at 18:35.
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The Official SBR Picture Thread

Last edited by JulyAZ; 07-24-16 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post
    [IMG]image1(2) by BCM_Noveske, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Which rail is that?

Feedback Score
    Kinetic Development Group MREX-AR 11"
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Even so, it could make your life much easier to have a copy handy if you need it. Not everyone in law enforcement is up on NFA rules and although you may be 100% in the right, you may find yourself cuffed in the back seat headed downtown. Might even get to make some new friends while you're waiting to see the judge on Monday. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to get your weapon back.
    My tax stamps are not permission slips.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post
    Kinetic Development Group MREX-AR 11"
    that's slick looking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Highly hypothetical situation? I don't think so. Having worked in law enforcement I can confirm that I have met many misinformed officers. I don't think it's unreasonable to be prepared for something like this to happen. I agree with everything else you said.

And I apologize for participating in this thread drift.

Unsubstantiated claims and conjecture such as what you are suggesting are exactly what a conversation such as this does not need. The simple FACT of the matter is that virtually nobody has the right to demand that an NFA owner provide them access to a stamped form, period. Could it make some situations easier, possibly. Suggesting that law abiding individuals will find themselves locked up for legally enjoying their NFA items is fear mongering at its best.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomDoc View Post
    Unsubstantiated claims and conjecture such as what you are suggesting are exactly what a conversation such as this does not need. The simple FACT of the matter is that virtually nobody has the right to demand that an NFA owner provide them access to a stamped form, period. Could it make some situations easier, possibly. Suggesting that law abiding individuals will find themselves locked up for legally enjoying their NFA items is fear mongering at its best.
    Since I am new to NFA items I had to look it up rather than just taking it at face value, since I am hearing a few different messages. Besides I'm not quite sure who "virtually nobody" technically is...apparently ATF is not "nobody" lol Anyway, This is what ATF.gov says:

(Question from the FAQ)

Does the possessor of an NFA firearm have to show proof of registration?

Yes. The approved application received from ATF serves as evidence of registration of the NFA firearm. This document must be made available upon request of any ATF officer. It is suggested that a photocopy of the approved application be carried by the possessor when the weapon is being transported.

[26 U.S.C. 5841(e); 27 CFR 478.101]

So we can see that an ATF officer can request evidence of your stamp. Doesn't say demand though, but says request. Doesn't specify that request has to be in any format so we can understand that the request could potentially be a verbal request from an ATF officer.
    I'm not here trying to say that's common place because I already said once hat I'm new to NFA, but I can read. I can also read that a suggestion is just that a suggestion. So ultimately it's up to the individual. I don't quite see this as an encroachment on my rights. It seems rather simple to make a copy and keep it with my NFA firearm. Particularly when I'm transporting it. But that's just me..
    Oh I got that from this website:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does...f-registration

Here's a screenshot:
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 542 of 645 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592642 ... LastLast