Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PNW Drills / Practice Sessions

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We've got a possible one day rifle/pistol class set for Dec 12.

Real basic stuff (This is the on switch! kind of simple), that concludes with a simple qualification course.

All basic shooting skills, weapons manipulation, reloads, transitions, etc. Nothing fancy. It's really a class for noobs or folks who like to practice the basics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Where at? Got directions?
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wichaka View Post
    Where at? Got directions?

It'll be at our favorite gravel pit down in the Capital forrest.

We meet in Elma in the morning at about 8am and make our way there when we have everybody.

You're more then welcome to attend.

Just remember, it's real basic like I said. And we'll have a few relitivly new shooters there.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyM4 View Post
    It'll be at our favorite gravel pit down in the Capital forrest.

We meet in Elma in the morning at about 8am and make our way there when we have everybody.

You're more then welcome to attend.

Just remember, it's real basic like I said. And we'll have a few relitivly new shooters there.
    i must have been absent during all this... did you guys ever meet up? if so, tell us about it- how many guys, what'd you work on, where, how'd it go? pics?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    i must have been absent during all this... did you guys ever meet up? if so, tell us about it- how many guys, what'd you work on, where, how'd it go? pics?
    Too many people bagged out for various reasons, most of which I suspect were excuses because they don't want to deal with the weather.

Looking at re-scheduling, but i'm afraid that the exact same thing will happen.

On another note, I took two guys up on Dec 30 to run some real basic "point the weapon in that---> direction, this is how you get a good grip, this is how you align your sights, etc" caveman beginner session.

After being in the cold, sea fog, frozen rain, cold, wind gusts that took the temp well below freezing, and, ass numbing cold....by the way, did I mention that it was cold? I kind of understand why others bagged out. I personally will train in any weather, but I have to admit that 6 hours in that stuff sucked dead donkey balls.

We'll see how the scheduling goes and i'll see about getting an invite up here on the board.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyM4 View Post
    Too many people bagged out for various reasons, most of which I suspect were excuses because they don't want to deal with the weather.

Looking at re-scheduling, but i'm afraid that the exact same thing will happen.

On another note, I took two guys up on Dec 30 to run some real basic "point the weapon in that---> direction, this is how you get a good grip, this is how you align your sights, etc" caveman beginner session.

After being in the cold, sea fog, frozen rain, cold, wind gusts that took the temp well below freezing, and, ass numbing cold....by the way, did I mention that it was cold? I kind of understand why others bagged out. I personally will train in any weather, but I have to admit that 6 hours in that stuff sucked dead donkey balls.

We'll see how the scheduling goes and i'll see about getting an invite up here on the board.
    That weekend ended up freezing my ass off at the Practical Rifle night time match in Sherwood, Oregon, hosted by the Tri County Gun Club.

It was a very enlightening experience. In the cold/fog, gun shots create a massive cloud of mist that white light reflects off of, making 200 yard night time shots a real PITA.

At least a few of the stages had propane powered heaters though, hehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12