Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1911 .22lr Conversion Kits

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

1911 .22lr Conversion Kits

I want to pick up a conversion kit for my Springfield Loaded, but I am unsure which one to get. While I want the best, price is a consideration.

i have seen the kimber kit for about 300 or so and the tactical solutions kit is 400. From what I have researched on here the Tactical Solutions kit is GTG, I didnt find anything on the kimber kit though. The one thing about the kimber kit I like is you can get it in a stainless(silver in their words) finish and I have a stainless Loaded, but that isnt the top of my priority list, functionality is obviously my #1 concern.

Are there any other kits besides the two above that I should be considering?

Feedback Score
    I have the marvel conversion and its been great so far. I made a little tool from clear plastic to make loading the magazines easier. I mostly shoot minimags from it but have shot some lower powered ammo from time to time. With the minimags ive never had any issues but i think i remember havingsome problems once the slide got dirty with the lower powered ammo.

Let me know if you want any pictures. Mine is on a compact 1911 so that will be the only real difference. They also make one with a better barrel but i chose the cheaper option.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blkexp98 View Post
    I have the marvel conversion and its been great so far. I made a little tool from clear plastic to make loading the magazines easier. I mostly shoot minimags from it but have shot some lower powered ammo from time to time. With the minimags ive never had any issues but i think i remember havingsome problems once the slide got dirty with the lower powered ammo.

Let me know if you want any pictures. Mine is on a compact 1911 so that will be the only real difference. They also make one with a better barrel but i chose the cheaper option.
    Thanks, I will look into it.

Feedback Score
    I have the Kimber silver which contrasts nicely on my black Kimber Custom Target, it runs great and is extremely accurate. In case you don't already know, most - including the Kimber - do not lock the slide back on the last round and I believe the Tactical Solutions does should that be worth the premium to you.

I have also heard nothing but good things about the Marvel but last heard there was a substantial wait to acquire one. The Kimber was available cash and carry out of my local retailer.

-B

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not having the slide lock back isnt a huge deal. One of my local gun shops has the Kimber kits in stock, I cant remember, but I think maybe for 300-350.

The Tactical Solutions looks like a really nice kit and when it comes down to 50 bucks or so, im not worried about spending a little bit more money if the kit is worth it.

The Ciener kits are also available in "silver" like the Kimber kits, but I have heard they are hit and miss as far as quality and the company is kinda shady as well.

Feedback Score
    "The Ciener ... company is kinda shady as well."

That was also my experience and why I'd recommend Kimber or TS.
    Last edited by Boris; 10-24-09 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    I run the Advantage Arms and love it. I like it enough that I want one for my G19 too, but can't find them available ever.

Feedback Score

.22 conversion/1911

I've had very good results with the Marvel (the basic level one).

Also, I have 2 of Marvel's metal mags and 1 of their plastic mags.

The metal ones work better.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an older Wilson Combat marked Ciener .22 lr 1911 conversion kit.

Although I've owned it for approximately 5 years, I didn't use it much until recently. I've put approximately 5,000 rounds through it in the past year with no issues.

The Ciener Aluminum magazines definitely seem more durable than the plastic Kimber magazines and are available in 15 round capacity.

The Marvel conversion kits are more accurate, however they are significantly more expensive.

I threaded the barrel on my Ciener kit, and most of the last 1,000 rounds have been fired with a Gemtech Outback II.

Feedback Score
    I vote for Marvel. Great CS if you need it,too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast