Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Intro thread

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Oklahoma Intro thread

Hey Okies!
    Since the new format doesn't have membership like the old social group format, I thought it might be handy to have an intro thread to let interested folks speak up and introduce themselves. Share as much or little info as you feel comfortable with, but if everyone could at least point out the area they live, and any pertinent info about where they shoot and what their experience/interests are it might be helpful for setting up informal practice sessions or announcing events.

I guess I'll get it started:

Range access: OKC Gun Club
    Experience level/Training: Low; Magpul Dynamic Carbine 1, Tiger Valley 1-day pistol, Aim Fast Hit Fast 2-day pistol
    Interests: practice sessions/drills; training opportunities
    I also shoot the monthly USPSA matches at OKCGC when I can fit it into my schedule. They're starting up some 3-gun stuff out there I might give a try for some fun/extra practice.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 05-06-10 at 14:50.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am in the OKC Metro area and training/experience consist of CLEET, Continuing Ed Courses/Training and my time in the Corps.
    Last edited by ZGXtreme; 10-25-09 at 16:40.

Feedback Score
    I'm in NWOKC and have access to OKCGC.

I've had pistol training with Givens, Yeager, Suarez, Steve Moses, and shoot regularly in Will Andrews Pistol Skills classes.

I've had shotgun training with Givens, carbine training with Will, and basic rifle training through Appleseed. I'm planning on attending Givens instructors course this weekend and Farnams urban carbine in Dec. I attended the 2009 Tactical Conference at USSA and will be there again in 2010. I've had empty hand and knife training with Mike Janich.

I'm interested in defensive drills and gun handling especially with a carbine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Dude bratch where have you been? Why didn't you come to the Magpul class? We could have fixed everything Will taught you....... I kid I kid. lol

So if we get both Josh's, , zg, bratch and Doc Todd we could get some good training in at the gun club.
    Last edited by Josh-L; 10-27-09 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    I've been trying to shoot more and type less. I've been reading all the regulars boards but haven't had much to say, my opinion is usually shoot the friggin gun which isn't what they want to hear. I still try to pipe in on technical questions or BS threads that catch my eye but they are few and far between.

I screwed the pooch on Magpul, I had really wanted to attend it or Pat Rogers this year but with the ammo situation we had this spring I didn't go through with it. Had I known supply and prices would be this reasonable this quick I probably would have tried harder to make it. After reading the aars I'm really bummed I missed it. Maybe next time I'd like to see how my rifle would run.

Running some drills would be a good time I'm always up for learning and improving.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Count me in.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just realized I never gave my "bio"...

Range: OKC Gun Club member and a few LE ranges

Experience: I am a CLEET firearms instructor. I have attended a bunch of schools but the ones that are shooting related off of the top of my head are a vehicle assault school at Practical Shooting, TDSA urban rifle, Magpul Dynamics carbine, Tom Givens/Rangemaster Defensive Shotgun, two day SWAT rapid response to active shooter course, one day tactical emergency medicine class from Komondor, and a Surefire low light tactics class.
    Last edited by Josh-L; 03-20-11 at 00:44. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    Location SE OKC

Range It depends on who I shooting with lately its been in a friends field indoor I tend to go to H&H (I know I know) outdoors I go to Banner Rd

Experience level Phase 4 CLEET been shooting for 20 years

Interest with ammo starting to show up again I'm up for any type of shooting
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Feedback Score

Range access: H&H, OKC Gun Club (hopefully soon)

Experience level/Training: Low/Average; Magpul Dynamic Carbine 1, Will Andrews Pistol Skills at H&H

Interests: More training and drill opportunities. I'd love to have a few more courses here locally (ie Magpul, etc) but am very interested in heading up to USSA or TDSA in Tulsa anytime. I'd also like to do a little competition shooting like IPSC if I can ever find the time. Outside of shooting, I am a doc here in the city (Doc Todd as Josh-L refers to me).
    Last edited by teamacacia; 11-27-09 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    New from OSA here.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast