Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Intro thread

Feedback Score

Hello

Name: Chris Wilson

Range: Family Farm - Use to shoot at Ft. Sills Range but its been closed for awhile now. (Not sure where they shoot on post anymore don't go there much since I retired)

Experience: Retired Infantryman, 22yrs

Interest: Hunting, Blackpowder shooting an crafts, Flyfishing an riding my motorsicle (when its not in triple digits) Not into the training or any of that anymore obviously, I just like to shoot, busting some caps!!! A perfect day is me an my son at the farm killing targets or standing knee deep in a cold stream slinging a stick an snagging Trout!!!

Feedback Score
    New here.
    My name is Adam

Range: Non- member but I shoot mainly at Thunderbird range and occasionally at H&H (I don't really like indoor)

Experience: No formal Training other than basic safety and CCW but I am desperately trying to change that. As funds allow and location of courses work for me logistically I'd like to take some carbine classes, long range classes and pistol classes. Maybe after I get some skills 3 gun competitions. I have a friend in law enforcement who has taught me some basics of moving and shooting but I will readily admit that I need more structured training.

Interest: Being prepared. I've lived in some bad places and as a direct result of that I want to be as sharp as I can for my family. Also I am a musician. I play in a few local OKC bands and do the occasional studio work for artists ranging from metal to country to anything in between if it doesn't suck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faultline View Post
    New here.
    My name is Adam

Range: Non- member but I shoot mainly at Thunderbird range and occasionally at H&H (I don't really like indoor)

Experience: No formal Training other than basic safety and CCW but I am desperately trying to change that. As funds allow and location of courses work for me logistically I'd like to take some carbine classes, long range classes and pistol classes. Maybe after I get some skills 3 gun competitions. I have a friend in law enforcement who has taught me some basics of moving and shooting but I will readily admit that I need more structured training.

Interest: Being prepared. I've lived in some bad places and as a direct result of that I want to be as sharp as I can for my family. Also I am a musician. I play in a few local OKC bands and do the occasional studio work for artists ranging from metal to country to anything in between if it doesn't suck
    Don't wait to start shooting 3 gun. You will regret not getting into it sooner. If you need any guns or gear to get started let me know I have 2-3 of everything. In fact I had 6 or 7 guys running my Accurate Iron Benelli shotguns and 3 guys using my Stag Arms Model 3G rifles at the last match. You should also join us over in BoomerShooter.com for all the local match announcements, scores and training info.

Hope to see u at the next match.
    Last edited by Jesse Tischauser; 12-04-11 at 21:08.

Feedback Score
    Hi fellas

Don Schmidt from Mustang

I use H&H and Banner Raod ranges b/c thats all I have access to.

My training consists of what I received as a member USMC

Am trying to save up funds and ammo to begin attending training classes. I love to train, but due to the range restrictions can't really do it the way it needs to be done.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnyV View Post
    Hi fellas

Don Schmidt from Mustang

I use H&H and Banner Raod ranges b/c thats all I have access to.

My training consists of what I received as a member USMC

Am trying to save up funds and ammo to begin attending training classes. I love to train, but due to the range restrictions can't really do it the way it needs to be done.
    You can learn a ton of stuff for FREE at the great local matches in and around OK from the likes of local Pro Shooters/Instructors Phil Strader, Mike Seeklander, Kurt Miller, Lance Jensen, Mike Cyrwus, Chris Andersen, and Mike Chambers to name a few. These guys shoot almost every weekend at H&H, USSA, Heartland Outdoor, and OKC gun club. Matches only cost $10-20 and 100-150 rounds of ammo.

Here is a list of all the local matches.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/...-area-matches/

I'd be more than happy to let you use any of my guns and gear to help get you started.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Tischauser View Post
    You can learn a ton of stuff for FREE at the great local matches in and around OK from the likes of local Pro Shooters/Instructors Phil Strader, Mike Seeklander, Kurt Miller, Lance Jensen, Mike Cyrwus, Chris Andersen, and Mike Chambers to name a few. These guys shoot almost every weekend at H&H, USSA, Heartland Outdoor, and OKC gun club. Matches only cost $10-20 and 100-150 rounds of ammo.

Here is a list of all the local matches.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/...-area-matches/

I'd be more than happy to let you use any of my guns and gear to help get you started.
    Thanks a bunch I really appreciate the info and the offer!

Feedback Score
    Hello fellas. Checking in from Elk City in far western Oklahoma. I don't have any formal training. I learned most of what I know from my best friend of 25 years who is former USMC. We don't have any ranges to speak of around here. The closest is 45 minutes in Weatherford at Tin Star. My buddy's family has a large chunk of land and that's where you'll find us most of the time. I'd consider myself pretty proficient with the AR platform. I've built a few over the years. My newest interest is NFA stuff (suppressors and SBR, can't afford MG's). I have been Elk City's head of code enforcement for 7 years. I do inspections for any building, HVAC, plumbing, or electrical work in our jurisdiction. If you guys do your own plumbing and have questions, I'm your man. I was a journeyman plumber for 12 years prior to coming on as the code official (hence the name "poopile"... )
    Last edited by poopile; 12-06-11 at 11:12.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by english kanigit View Post
    Greetings. I'm not exactly a regular on M4C but I was encouraged to check out this area of the board.

Range: I do not yet have access to a range in the area.

Experience: Low to moderate. I've taken two carbine courses and a pistol course from EAG and another pistol course from USSA. Additionally I took a diagnostic AR operator class from Dean Caputo. I also work at a range that's out of state.

I would be up for anything, I really need to find a place to shoot outside and do some movement drills. Doing drills with other folks against a time standard of some sort would be great as well.

Ek

Ek
    Come shoot a match with us. It's a full day of drills.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm forwarding a message from Mike Seeklanderat USSA:

Hey everyone- We just returned from a trip to visit John, and I am glad to say he is in high spirits, while yet in tremendous pain. John has multiple fractures in both legs, and a shattered pelvis. He has been through 2 surgery's and will endure several more over the coming weeks. Here is some additional information:

John is in St. Francis hospital off Yale. He welcomes all visitors, but please text or call before visiting. John is currently without insurance. While I am sure the person responsible (he was hit by a Broken Arrow school bus) will end up helping with his expenses, in the interim John will be without work for a long time. I am personally asking each of you to consider giving cash or whatever you can to help him through this tough time.
    There is a webpage

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/content.aspx?id=174

built for John on USSA's site that has donation options. You can find a link on it to donate through paypal.
    Checks or cash can be given to me (Mike Seeklander) at USSA.
    Donation's may also be given at the USSA Pro-Shop via cash, check, or credit card.
    Please help spread word about John and the opportunity to donate on your facebook pages (just send them to USSA's site) and with your friends and family.

John is a tough guy and will surely recover strongly, but at this time we need to pool our resources and help him through. He is the kind of guy that would be there and go above and beyond for each of us if needed, so lets do the same for him!

Pray for a strong recovery!

Until Then, Train Hard!
    Mike Seeklander
    Director of Training
    U.S. Shooting Academy

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/content.aspx?id=174

Feedback Score
    I live in SE Oklahoma not far from Fort Smith , AR. I enjoy shooting , and finding new place to shoot.
    Today I am looking for a good deal on a LMT in 308. Anybody have a seller for NIB rifle.
    By the way today is my first on this website.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast