Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: East Dallas and/or DFW M4C members sound off!

Feedback Score
    I know of a range where we can do some real shooting and moving. Its about an hour north of 635/75 in Tom Bean, TX. It is just on a guys land. 3 bucks per person per hour. bring your own targets, clean up your own casings, etc. no one bothers you. only problem is in the past year its gotten alot more popular.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I moved down to the DFW back in September.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BWW View Post
    new to the sight, just been surfing around last couple of months.Im middle aged and new to shooting. Ive taken a couple of pistol classes and one carbine with MD. Thinking about doing some IDPA with DAPS. Anyone shot with this org. I need all the trigger time I can get
    I have shot with DAPS before and mean to get back into it. The quarterly carbine/pistol matches are fun. My only problem with DAPS is a lot of their matches are held on Sunday night when my give-a-damn is usually busted. They are a good group of people and know their stuff.

Feedback Score
    McKinney here--- wish this town would get a range again...

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply aful. I did sign up with DAPS shortly after my post. Have shot a few IDPA and USPSA matches with that bunch on sunday evenings. Did the two gun last week. Your right -good bunch of folks + dialed in . Maybe see you out there in the future. Brad W.

Feedback Score
    East Dallas here.

Been here about 2 years and finally getting back into shooting. I would love to hear from anybody involved that is in the area.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasrangers View Post
    I know of a range where we can do some real shooting and moving. Its about an hour north of 635/75 in Tom Bean, TX. It is just on a guys land. 3 bucks per person per hour. bring your own targets, clean up your own casings, etc. no one bothers you. only problem is in the past year its gotten alot more popular.
    Yes, that is Ralph's Range. Unfortunately, it's been closed for a few months, and there is not an announced schedule for it's return.

I live in Denton country, and am looking for a place to shoot as well.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Frisco

Frisco here and looking to learn.

Feedback Score

from the North-West Suburbs of Dallas

Figured I'd post up the shooting opportunitites I've found in the DFW area:

http://www.texascombatshooters.com/index.htm.

Texas Combat Shooters host a tactical pistol and a tactical rifle/pistol combination match every Thursday night from April-October weather permitting. Our matches are held at the beautiful Elm Fork Shooting Sports Complex located at 10751 Luna Rd. Dallas, Texas. The tactical pistol match begins at 6:30p and runs to around 8:00p. Our tactical rifle/pistol combo-match begins at 8pm and runs until we're done, usually around 9:30p. The rifle/pistol match will be approximately 70% rifle. You will be required to transition to or from your pistol in all stages of the event.
    I've never shot with TCS and just found them this week, but it looks like a good opportunity to shoot rifles from something other than a bench. From what I've found, most ranges around the metroplex, don't allow you to shoot from anything but a bench.

http://www.dallaspistol.com/DAPS/

I'd imagine most people are more familiar with DAPS. They have IDPA on the 2nd and 4th Sunday evening of each month at DFW Gun Range and on the certain Wednesdays of each month at Elm Fork. There is also a USPSA event once a month on a Wednesday evening. I'd suggest checking the calendar on their website.

I shot IDPA pretty regularly when it was on Saturday mornings at Elm Fork before they flooded a few years back and it was pretty fun. The Sunday night shoots are now in an indoor range, which I find a little less desirable as it is noisy and crowded, but it is better than nothing.

Cross Timbers IDPA
    Cross Timbers IDPA holds SIX (6) regular matches per month. If the month has a 5th Sat. there is a carbine only match at JCSSA. If the month has a 5th Thurs. there is a BUG match The Shooting Gallery.

Matches are held the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Thursdays of each month at The Shooting Gallery, starting at 6:15pm. The Shooting Gallery is located on the east side of Fort Worth on the southwest corner of Loop 820 and E Lancaster Ave. Two Matches at JCSSA on the 2nd Sun. and 4th Sat. of every month. Summer hours beginning at 9 AM. Winter hours start at 10.
    Dallas Pistol Club
    They have regular pistol matches, however since this is a private range, I'm not sure how non-members go about shooting there. I'm sure that mystery could be solved with a quick phonecall. I have shot a tactical shotgun match there one time, several years ago. Mostly a bunch of guys with hunting shotguns (me included) hitting steel targets.

Other
    Here is a link to a google map of shooting ranges in TX.

I think the only place I've found around DFW that allows you to shoot in more dynamic situations is TDSA, which is about 30 minutes south of downtown Dallas. I've taken some handgun training there, but have never shot there for practice. I've thought about joining up just to have somewhere to shoot a little more freely. Let me know if you shoot there on a regular basis.
    I've got a bunch of survival guides on my Kindle, so I'm ready for an EMP.

Feedback Score
    Nice, thanks for all of the info/links Rudy.

I had somebody else recommend TDSA for that same reason so I think I will have to give that one a try.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast