Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: East Dallas and/or DFW M4C members sound off!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbyrd556 View Post
    Thanks for the info Triumph. Do you shoot regularly at Elm Fork? If so what are the range fees like there. Their website isn't real clear on the price. I also wasn't aware that Tiger Valley does Tuesday night training. I am saving up to take one of their Tactical Carbine courses since Magpul Dynamics doesn't have any going nearby. I would love to fire my FMJs but I have 800 rounds of Brown Bear steel case JHPs through my AR and she eats it like a champ, so I can't bitch too much. Take care and watch your six.

Chance
    Range fees at Elm Fork are $15 (http://www.elmfork.com/rangefee.html). Fees at DFW are $17, which is not that different and you get a bit of A/C.

A quick call to Elm Fork would resolve the FMJ matter quickly (They are closed Mon/Tues, so I can't call out there now).
    Last edited by rudy99; 06-14-10 at 15:51.
    I've got a bunch of survival guides on my Kindle, so I'm ready for an EMP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy99 View Post
    Range fees at Elm Fork are $15 (http://www.elmfork.com/rangefee.html). Fees at DFW are $17, which is not that different and you get a bit of A/C.

A quick call to Elm Fork would resolve the FMJ matter quickly (They are closed Mon/Tues, so I can't call out there now).
    I guess I was reading it wrong. It looked like it was saying that Paper targets were $15 and $120 for 10 rounds of shooting, I knew that couldn't be right. Thanks all the same rudy99.

Chance

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Gibson’s Outpost & Shooting Range, 123 Lawson Rd, Mesquite.
    Not the best place but its close...Crabby old couple owns it. They have 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 yrd targets. You can shoot anything but .50 cal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy99 View Post
    If you call them the answer will be "no FMJ's."

I would urge you NOT to call and ask if there are exceptions for obvious reasons.

ETA: Rudy, I just read your earlier post on the tac range. I can't speak to the use of FMJ on the tac range, so if that was what you were referring to please ignore this post.
    Last edited by TriumphRat675; 06-14-10 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm on the opposite side of town from everyone else (Benbrook, SW Fort Worth) but I share the same dilemma as everyone else. The best place I've found in the couple months living here is Tac Pro, but I haven't shot there yet. If anyone is a regular out there I'd be willing to meet up with a few AR's and ammo and run through a few drills.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm up in The Colony. I do some intro to handgun instruction at DFW Gun Range on Saturdays.

Best,

Dave

Feedback Score
    I'm in Murphy (Plano/Richardson)

I've been looking around for some good AR courses/enthusiasts/etc...

Done a few matches with DAPS and thinking about hitting up Collin County IDPA.

I'm having trouble locating a good local store myself. Targetmaster seems ok and friendly, but their selection seems limited.

Bullet Trap is NOT friendly (a few staff are, I try and go to them directly), but has good prices.

I'm still undecided on Gunmaster.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBob View Post
    I'm in Murphy (Plano/Richardson)

I've been looking around for some good AR courses/enthusiasts/etc...

Done a few matches with DAPS and thinking about hitting up Collin County IDPA.

I'm having trouble locating a good local store myself. Targetmaster seems ok and friendly, but their selection seems limited.

Bullet Trap is NOT friendly (a few staff are, I try and go to them directly), but has good prices.

I'm still undecided on Gunmaster.
    TDSA is one decent range, but Len Baxley is nigh impossible to get ahold of. I've been trying for 2 months. There is Jacob's Plain Gun Club north of Greenville, I have not contacted them yet, but they hold alot IDPA matches and have tac bays. And the furthest away is Tac Pro out North of Stephenville in Mingus. Those are the only ones I know of that allow "tactical" shooting. I know what you mean about Bullet Trap, I refuse to go in there anymore. I've been going to the Garland Public Range just to at least get some rounds downrange and confirm zeroes on their rifle range. We need to get the DFW folks gathered up from this site and at least meet for a brew or six. Maybe then we could hash out some training dates or whatever. Take care and have a good one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shot at the Arlington PD indoor range last week, too bad thats not open on the weekends.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbyrd556 View Post
    We need to get the DFW folks gathered up from this site and at least meet for a brew or six. Maybe then we could hash out some training dates or whatever. Take care and have a good one.
    I'm all for getting the local folks together. I'm in desperate need of some mentoring and basic guidance with my new BCM. I've hunted and been around firearms all my life, but the AR and associated thinking is a new animal for me. I want to take a training class soon, but I'm afraid I don't have enough hands-on experience to even show up for one. I can read and read and read advice, tips, instructions, but I could use some direct help.

So, yeah, I'm in for a brew or two to discuss possibilities....I'm in Frisco, but no place in DFW is really out of the way for me.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast