Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul BAD lever review.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Magpul BAD lever review.

I purchased some BAD levers for all my AR's and installed them yesterday. I took them to the range on my patrol rifle today so I could get test it out before returning to work with new equipment. Anyway my fastest reload with the BAD lever and the coupled mags was 1.59 my average was 1.8. The drill I was doing involved having a target at 15 yards. I had one round int he chamber and an empty magazine. I would fire one shot reload and fire 1 more round. I did this about 60 times. My average times without using the BAD lever were .5 to one full second slower.

I then ran some type three malfunction drills (double feeds fails to extract etc,) I was able to get my clearing drill down to 8.1 seconds. Without the lever it used to be around 10. The drill being start with a induced type three malfunction and clear it and fire 2 rounds at the target. I did this 10 times. I would have done more by my hands were getting raw from all the reloading. I then shot 3 department rifle qualifications and was out of ammo at that point. I went through about 350 rounds or so. No malfunctions at all. I am sold on the BAD lever and on the Firebird 20 round 30 round coupler for my patrol gun. The 20 round mag allows it to fit in my rifle case and in the rifle rack. Yet you have a 30 round mag as a spare right on the rifle.

Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Nice overview.

Feedback Score
    The bad lever that Pat is letting me use, is working well on my rifle with a redi-mag attached. It will just take some getting use to on the rifle. But overall I do really like it.

Thank you Pat!!
    -Allen

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Glad its working out. I really like this product.
    pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    You should invest in quality gear...the citizens deserve it.

Sweet set up, and very well thought out for your needs. When you say your mag changes were .5 to 1 sec slower w/out the BAD, that is still using the mag coupler correct?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by strambo View Post
    You should invest in quality gear...the citizens deserve it.

Sweet set up, and very well thought out for your needs. When you say your mag changes were .5 to 1 sec slower w/out the BAD, that is still using the mag coupler correct?
    Yes with and without. I also tried reloading with a spare mag of my belt. It was slower and the difference was still .5 to 1 second slower.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    Nice review with objective data. The only thing different that I have noticed is that the BAD is loose and wobbly in my DPMS stripped lower and not wobbly in my CMMG stripped lower. The DPMS still works, it just has about a 1/4+ inch back and forth wobble to it on the strong side tip. I guess I should add that it is a WOA parts kit in the DPMS, which is where the loose fit is inducing the wobble. The wobble is not really noticable with just the bolt catch, but the BAD magnifies the slop between the bolt catch and the lower.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 10-28-09 at 13:25.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good news. I demonstrated the BAD lever to my chief and he approved me to order them for all the departments rifles. That and Firebird magazine couplers.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Good news. I demonstrated the BAD lever to my chief and he approved me to order them for all the departments rifles.
    Pat

Nice, any of mine would sit there with their eyes glazed over....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Random question regarding the operation of the BAD. How would one clear a Type 3 with one hand? Is there enough lever sticking out to kick?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast