Thread: Suit Claims: East St. Louis passed up white police chief over race

Feedback Score

Suit Claims: East St. Louis passed up white police chief over race

Last edited by ZDL; 05-01-10 at 03:58.

Feedback Score
    The candidate chosen at the time was Michael Baxton Sr., an African-American who had been a police detective in adjoining Centreville and police chief in Brooklyn, a village of fewer than 700 residents.

Hee, hee. A few of my favorite places, if you like nasty 'gentlemen's' clubs.

"a village of fewer than 700 residents"- It takes a village to raise a stripper.

Thanks, ZDL, for a trip down mammary lane. The fun years before my wife figured out the smell of stripper.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...957921,00.html

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/il/...t-louis/crime/

what a great place to live I bet he is glad he did not get the job, one of my links is 20 year old Time article FYI but pretty telling

The biggest employer left is the local school district, which pays no taxes, is $11 million in debt and plans to lay off a quarter of its teachers for the next academic year. The tax base has eroded from $175 million in 1965 to less than $50 million. Property values are so low that the town's tallest structure, the vacant twelve-story Spivey Building, was sold for $25,000. The number of retail businesses is less than 200 and steadily declining. The population, once 80,000, has shrunk to 55,000, 97% black and two-thirds on welfare.

The formerly gun-loving state of Colorado.
    Feedback Score
    When traveling east from Missouri, I always make sure my gas tank is full before heading through East St. Louis. That's a scary place friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter
    You don't change peoples minds by reinforcing stereotypes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Chevy Chase in National Lampoons Vacation
    "excuse me holmes, can you tell me how to get to the highway"
    "**** your mama"
    "roll em up kids"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Chevy Chase in National Lampoons Vacation
    "excuse me holmes, can you tell me how to get to the highway"
    "**** your mama"
    "roll em up kids"
    I think that was after they had crossed the bridge, so that was probably somewhere off Natural Bridge.

Brooklyn is the kind of place that when you get in your car, you start it up and start moving before you put on your seatbelt. No dilly-dallying.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I think that was after they had crossed the bridge, so that was probably somewhere off Natural Bridge.

Brooklyn is the kind of place that when you get in your car, you start it up and start moving before you put on your seatbelt. No dilly-dallying.
    It was supposed to be East St. Louis if I remember correctly, but they ****ed up the sequence of the movie.

I accidentally ended up in East STL one night after leaving downtown(I live west of St. Louis) and I didnt even get off the highway, I went about 70 miles out of my way going east and catching another highway that looped down south, to the west and back around north.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good. More states should have passed the bill eliminating affirmative action. Some did not so I guess it' going to take getting hit in the pocket book to wake people up. It's such a crock of shit. Everyone talks about equality yet they support a law that mandates job hires based on color of skin. Yeah, that sounds like a REAL good way to create 'equality' if that's truly what the goal was here. It should be the best candidate for the position and the day we put affirmative action into effect was a horrible horrible day for equality.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)