Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SE Florida are Drills/Practice Nights Archive

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We had an excellent 3 hour carbine drills night with TSSA this past Tuesday. We started with "this is the safety", progressed to "push/pull" and reloads (both admin and emergency) and were engaging multiple targets with NSRs by the end of the night.

Next month we'll build on this and get into trigger control and stance, using all the same basics we covered this month, and catching up any new shooters that missed us this time.

I thoroughly enjoy running these carbine drills, and learn a lot about myself and my own shooting and gear every time we do them, even if I never fire a shot.

I'm kind of dismayed to see how little traffic this thread gets (and how few in my A/O take us up on our drills nights). On a forum where we talk so much about "hard use" and "fit and finish don't matter" I really would have thought that we would see more people hooking up, either casually or formally, to get more training in.

EDIT:
    TK, anyway to get the groups set up to notify us when there's a new post?
    Last edited by rob_s; 10-08-09 at 08:26.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I attended Robs drills night this past Tuesday and had a blast as always.

It was a very fast paced beginners tutorial on how to operate the AR15 from step 1.

Even for some of the more experienced shooters it was a good brushup on basic skills that always need to be refreshed. The fundamentals are key but must be maintained.

Get on out there and train guys, you wont regret it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12