Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Range Clinics

Feedback Score
    I live in northern New Mexico, but I would gladly drive down there for an armorer class with you guys.
    "Guns are like neurosurgeons. When you need one, you need one badly."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This is from a PM I sent IG back in August. Any thoughts or suggestions that might help make this happen or improve on what I've come up with?

First off, welcome back home! I'm not sure where you're at in AZ but I'm up in Vegas so we're not too far away from one another. I have no idea what you do in your time here stateside but if you ever wanted to make some extra cash have you ever thought about doing an AR-15 armorer's/maintenance and upkeep course?
    I don't mean down to the gnat's ass taking apart a BUIS and getting too crazy but a general course would be probably well received with us in the SW and would provide you an opportunity to make some extra $ on a weekend.
    I stole the stuff from Blackwater's site but it would be along the same lines... how to diagnose and repair malfunctions, perform function inspections, check headspace, etc.
    •Clearance procedures, load & unloading procedures
    •Field stripping the rifle
    •Function check
    •Gas operating system
    •Cycle of operation
    •Difference between semi-automatic and automatic parts
    •Legal barrel length with or without a permanent flash suppressor
    •Disassemble and assemble lower receiver group to include stock
    •Disassemble and assemble bolt carrier group
    •Disassemble and assemble upper receiver group
    •Bullet trajectory and battle sight zero
    •Headspacing
    •Barrel replacement
    •Cleaning, maintenance, and lubrication

Let me know what you think and if you're up for it I'd be more than willing to help you set things up and I'd definitely want to participate as I'm sure there's lots I could learn.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I am interested in clinics as well and have sent PMs to Mr. Davis and IG to offer any help that I can. I look forward to seeing what can be put together. Stay safe.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Tag this one!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I'd be in for anything in the Tucson area.
    Ní dhoirtfear fuil neamhchiontach choíche. Ach sruthóidh fuil na n-olc mar abhainn. Leathfaidh an triúr a n-eiteoga dubhaithe agus beidh siad ina chasúr buailte Dé.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDW67 View Post
    You do see the smiley face, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Indeed I do, and it's not a damned hall pass for shitheads.
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Additionally, this has been asked several times recently... and Iraqgunz will lock the shit out of this thread when sees it.

Feedback Score
    I just want to bump this up.

I don't have much range equipment, but I do have a shot timer that I can bring to any get together.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Has anyone gotten together do do any training yet?

Feedback Score
    Not that I have heard of. It would be great to get together even if it is just a day on a public range.

Feedback Score
    I would definately be interested in going on a weekend date. I am up in Surprise and if anything gets up this way I would be very interested in attending.
    Salvation thru Suffering

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Did this ever take off? I would really like to do this with a group. If we meet, I have three Iron Targets and two Poppers. If you are interested in shooting, even if it just means running out to the desert, Im in.

I will probably go to Rio Salado tomorrow, even though I would prefer to shoot in the desert, but its a lot of work to go solo.

Send me a PM if you are interested. I live in Tempe, and usually head out past Apache Junction/Gold Canyon for desert shoots.

Irish, if you ever come to the Valley, let me know and I'll take you out to shoot.

Pappabear.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast