Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Civilian SERE course?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Civilian SERE course?

Are there any SERE type courses available to civilians? I think this type of training is good to know, could one day prove to be useful and save your life, and also a little fun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is something I stumbled upon while surfing the net, I don't know anything about it's credibility but I think it's along the lines of what your asking about.

http://www.civilianrangerschool.com/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    Are there any SERE type courses available to civilians? I think this type of training is good to know, could one day prove to be useful and save your life, and also a little fun.
    There are quite a few of them. Mostly you find them listed as survival schools here are only a couple but there are plenty more:

http://www.trackerschool.com/

http://www.ratcutlery.com/Survival.htm
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What is the cost of the school?
    $9,950.00
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thats a little more than I was looking for and $10,00 is pretty steep. I also feel like it would be filled strange people trying to live out there "Special Operations" fantasy.

Thanks though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I am sure for that price K.L. Davis will teach you everything you want to know and then some.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    Thats a little more than I was looking for and $10,00 is pretty steep. I also feel like it would be filled strange people trying to live out there "Special Operations" fantasy.

Thanks though.
    Yeah it appears to be rather expensive, and like you said they would probably be some real werdo's running around.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    I am sure for that price K.L. Davis will teach you everything you want to know and then some.
    Eeee'gads! 10K? I don't think I know 10,000 dollars worth of stuff?

As for the OP, most survival classes are ran with eye toward being found... take a look at some advanced SAR and tracking classes/instructors, they should be able to offer the inverse of their standard fare as at least a good primer.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post
    Eeee'gads! 10K? I don't think I know 10,000 dollars worth of stuff?

As for the OP, most survival classes are ran with eye toward being found... take a look at some advanced SAR and tracking classes/instructors, they should be able to offer the inverse of their standard fare as at least a good primer.
    Thanks. I'll be doing some research on the different classes. In the mean time, has anyone taken such a class or recommend a certain one?

Feedback Score
    Are you looking for an actual SERE course or just a wilderness survical course for like a week where you learn fire making and stuff?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast