Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PNW Introduction / Roster... Sign in, sign up!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

PNW Introduction / Roster... Sign in, sign up!

Welcome to PNW. This group exists to serve as a place for people local to the Great Pacific Northwest to network for the purpose of training and gaining proficiency in the M4/AR15 platform. The group is open to everyone, and the only requirement is that you participate in the forum!

Range participation requirements are also simple-

1. Know the 4 RULES OF FIREARM SAFETY and follow them at all times
    2. As part of rule No. 1, pay attention to your damn muzzle
    3. Let me know if you're new to tactical shooting
    4. Have a carbine/rifle and sidearm, and be familiar with your weapons' basic functioning - there's no point training for weapons you can't employ back on the street, so if you don't currently own an M4/AK/FAL/etc and full caliber sidearm, get 'em!
    5. Have a sling and magazine carrying equipment, and be familiar with it

Range rules are what we call "Big Boy Rules." We follow the 4 RULES OF FIREARMS SAFETY, and nobody gets shot. We operate a "hot" range: weapons condition 1 and muzzles down when not on-target. We have/will utilize 180+ degrees of fire with 360 degrees of movement. If this bothers you, don't participate- it's not changing. We're training for real-life, and you don't clear and confirm and hang condition 4 after a firefight.

In the spirit of true networking for true training, I'd appreciate it if new and existing members would take a moment to post here in the Roster thread. Introduce yourself, state your purpose, your location in the Great Northwest, and where you train. Feel free to include any information you think might be interesting or useful. This is a small level of commitment... it doesn't obligate you to anything, but I hope it encourages you to participate. The more members the better, as far as I'm concerned. Welcome to all ages, races, sexes, political ideologies, and all levels of training.

The roster will let me know how many members we have and where, which is good to know. This thread also serves as a good announcement thread, since everybody should be subscribed to it- i encourage everyone to paste links to other threads started within the sub-forum, so that everyone subscribed to this thread will know it exists.

I'll start-

I'm Ben, I'm here to network with other gunners in the pacific northwest for the purpose of discussing training and tactics, meeting for weapons/tactics training, and, to gain some experience organizing/leading training events and matches. I'm from Saint Helens, Oregon. I do 95% of my training at Clatskanie Rifle and Pistol Club in Clatskanie (CRPC). Hopefully the new "state-of-the-art" range a couple miles north of town here will open up at some point in the near future- if anybody happens to have any inside info on that, please share. Frustrating as all hell to pass a beautiful new range on my way out to one 30 miles away. hah. I am not an "instructor," or even close- I simply lead and organize the group.

69 Members so far (that's right, we're keeping track):

bkb0000
    Titleist
    USAFR
    Gackman
    Selftest
    Jeff M
    Dirk Williams
    GrumpyM4
    wichaka
    BrianS
    Fountaine
    Dutchy556
    Dogpatch
    carl20320
    brigus48
    rlgdestroyu@hotmail.com
    readyme
    tacticalmonkey
    Odiesplace
    RyanB
    engine296
    Go4broke
    252actual
    troyn123
    sproc - even though he hasn't POSTED HERE YET!
    GlockWRX
    High Desert
    GitmoSmoke
    rogue
    MookNW
    wake.joe
    WestleyCE
    IfromSalem
    Nailz
    gfelber
    knuckles356
    VonMockenheimer
    t-bone187
    jklaughrey
    motoservdog
    RBarker
    seanb
    oltmann
    SCTSQRL
    kaltesherz
    bjw182005
    mbacelonia
    titsonritz
    pistolcouture
    O'doyle
    vader
    Scimitar2
    hid237
    DHart
    spamsammich
    mkmckinley
    Tom Swift - even ****in canucks are welcome 'round hur.
    Rayd8
    tradja
    PieceKeeper
    J8127
    randyha
    ex-facto
    BooneGA
    crusader4x
    alvincullumyork
    MistWolf
    alt145shiver
    Last edited by bkb0000; 03-06-11 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thanks for kicking this thread off, Ben.

I'm Isaac, and I'm from Portland Oregon. I've been shooting for the last few years, mostly carbine and pistol, but I'm slowly working myself up in to the longer range and heavier calibers. I regularly participate in practical rifle, and other training sessions. For the past year I've been involved in bring the Magpul Dynamics classes out here to Oregon. I do most of my shooting at the Tri-County Gun Club, English Pit, Douglas Ridge, etc. As stated before I'm here to network, and get as much trigger time as work and budget will allow so as to keep up with my fundamentals and skill-sets.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score

Heres my dollars worth

Im Rob, Im a NRA certified range safety Officer, instructor in pistol,&Personal Protection in the Home. I was also a Certified a NRA police firearms instructor. I have been involved in several shooting matchs/styles in the area for a number of years. I have been a reserve police officer, and a deputy sheriff, I now work for Multnomah County, if I tell you what I do I'll have to , well you know, so dont ask. Im also a life member of the VFW.

I shoot at Douglas Ridge, I have been shooting Three gun for the last year or so. We were forced to only do 2 gun untill this summer due to a legal problem, we now have a shotgun bay so we are back to 3 gun. Shooting Three guns will set you back $10.00, we hold them about every three months, should be one coming up on Nov 29th,, they take place on Sundays, you dont have to be a member, bring your gear and shoot.
    I retired from the Air Force Reserve in 2005 whereI was an NCOIC in a Security Forces/ Combat Arms Training and Maint. Sq. I am a school trained armor for Bretta, Colt, Remington, and ASP. Iv been to Gun Sight when the Col ran it and am now looking at SI styles. Just got done with there Close Range(pistol) Gun fighting class, what a way to spend a weekend.

What I'd like to get out of this? Shooting is fun, I can shoot, looking to train to use the tools I have. And training with others of like mind is always a good thing.
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    I'm in the Portland area as well.

I'm an NRA instructor for basic pistol, personal protection, and I'm an NRA RSO. I used to teach quite a bit. I admit, I haven't been instructing much the last few years. Just friends, acquaintances, etc.

I've been a reserve police officer for 7 years. Military for 8 years active duty (nothing sexy) and 4 years in the guard/reserves.

I shoot the practical rifle matches at TCGC the second Saturday of every month. I've shot IPSC, 3-gun and some things like that.

Been to a couple handfuls of training classes. Did a little happy dance when Thunder Ranch moved to Oregon.

See you guys around.

Feedback Score
    I'm a normal Joe Schmoe civie shooter. Just picked up my first AR and dry fire endlessly on the days I have off. I am new to tactical carbine shooting, but have been shooting pistol for a few years. Currently saving the funds for ammo/training, and an optic sometime soon.

Mainly looking for like-minded shooters in the area to get together with and shoot. I have a local gravel pit that offers about 180 degrees of movement, up to about 60 yards. I do have a local-ish range up in Custer, that Magpul TCII will be at in April of next year. I have yet to check out the range, as it requires membership to shoot in, but I have heard good things about it.

Oh, I'm Chris, I live in Bellingham, WA, which is damn near Canada.
    Last edited by Selftest; 11-02-09 at 04:34.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
    H.L. Mencken

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool, or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant; If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of Honor." -Omertà

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I live in the Seattle area and work as a police officer (patrol and SWAT). I’ve been shooting ARs for a while and enjoy training and working hard.

I also work for Insights Training Center where I am a primary instructor for Handgun and Rifle Courses.

Thanks for setting up the group. If anyone arranges a get together in the Seattle area, hopefully, I will be able to come out a shoot with you guys.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Insights Training Center
    Tenicor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Intro

Morning gents. I'm Dirk and I live in Klamath Falls Oregon. My goal is to improve my M4 skills to a high level. Did two tours in the USN and one in the guard. Been in law enforcemnt for well a long time.

Retired from Klamath Falls PD about 24 months ago, went right back" next day" to work in Ca as a resident Deputy. I mostly shoot long distance stuff. Designated sniper/counter sniper mostly "overwatch"on grows. 308, 300, 338LM.

I own several M4's " Two Olympic Arms". I can't seem to break them. A Stag and as of last week a Noveske which I really like. Other hobbies are white water rafting, Vintage Motocross and skiing.

Two grown children, one grandson, hoping for more soon.

Looking forward to getting together with others and get some training in.

Dirk Williams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Aloha gentlemen.

I'm Chris and i'm an alcoho......er, I'm a training junkie.

Former DoD civilian (Steel worker and retired due to on the job injury). I live in the Port Orchard, WA.

I co-run a training group every two to 4 months depending on my schedule.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Howdee all!

Am a current LEO in WA State. Am a state certified firearms instructor in Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun. Been teaching for over 16 years, and taught at the state LE academy in Seattle.

I live in south central WA, down along the gorge...but will travel to shoot with the group.

I met several of the guys here at the get together we had about a month ago or so. Was a good time, looking forward to doing it again soonly!
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Feedback Score
    Hey, names Brian, I live in Puyallup, WA. Have only been training in practical shooting about a year and a half, have gone to a number of classes at Insights (the school Jeff works for) since then.

Would love to come out to a training session if it is within a reasonable distance. Doing drills with other people to compete against increases the benefit of practice and the fun of it.
    Last edited by BrianS; 11-03-09 at 16:38.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast