Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PNW Introduction / Roster... Sign in, sign up!

Feedback Score
    Hey Everyone.... my name is Don, I'm a photographer by profession and a long time firearms enthusiast. I live in Vancouver, WA. I've participated on firearms forums for many years, but just recently became aware of this wonderful forum! Friends at the shotgunworld forum referred me here.

It's taken me quite a while to become even mildly interested in "things-Black-rifle"... I guess my activities with 1911s, Glocks, and a wide array of other pistols, revolvers, lever rifles, and pump shotguns just consumed all my firearms interest and I wasn't drawn to the AR.

Over the last few years, however, my awareness of the merits of the AR platform has become increasingly strong and just recently, somehow, my AR "light" finally switched on and I'm really intrigued with the platform. I've been devoting a lot of time to studying and reading all I can about it.

Last week I ordered my first AR, a BCM 16" LW middy with VTAC handguard and Troy BUIS. And I picked up a BattleComp 1.0 as well. I'm looking forward to receiving the BCM AR next week. This weekend at the Portland gun show (good timing on that for me!) I stocked up on related items and plenty of practice/training ammo. So I'm poised and ready to really explore shooting the AR.

I just discovered this group today and I'm happy to have done so... I look forward to getting to know you all better.
    Last edited by DHart; 10-17-10 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    This weekend at the Portland gun show (good timing on that for me!)
    yea, sure as shit WAS good timing- 'cept i completely forgot to go get ammo. SONUVABITCH.

welcome, don. m4c is the place to be... learn what goes into a good fightin gun, then join us on the range and learn how to fight with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    yea, sure as shit WAS good timing- 'cept i completely forgot to go get ammo. SONUVABITCH.

welcome, don. m4c is the place to be... learn what goes into a good fightin gun, then join us on the range and learn how to fight with it.
    Hi Ben.... thanks for the welcome!

Yeah... Federal XM193 was $279/1000 at each of the two large ammo tables... nice! I don't want to rub it in though... and remember, we've got another show coming next month! (Do you want a reminder??? )

Where are you shooting? Is there a group shoot on the calendar?
    Last edited by DHart; 10-17-10 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    Hi Ben.... thanks for the welcome!

Yeah... Federal XM193 was $279/1000 at each of the two large ammo tables... nice! I don't want to rub it in though... and remember, we've got another show coming next month! (Do you want a reminder??? )

Where are you shooting? Is there a group shoot on the calendar?
    yea.. http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=62790 week from today, in fact. and it's what i needed the ammo for... i completely blew off the last of my training ammo on a new upper a few days ago. guess it'll be walmart crap 50gr HP for me..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm Mark in Edmonds. I've taken NRA basic handgun in the past and most recently GDH at Insights. I spend most of my range time at WCA lately and I'm looking forward to doing more formal/informal training with handguns and carbines as time and money allows.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Hi there, my name's Mark. I live in Seattle and work on Ft Lewis. I normally shoot at Ft Lewis ranges but I've just discovered WCA's range and I like shoot there in my off time. I highly recommend their range if you haven't seen it. I'm looking forward to checking out Insight's classes when I get some time to myself. Looks like I just missed the Western WA shoot but maybe I can catch the next one. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you soon.

Feedback Score
    Hey, I'm Michael I'm Canadian. Currently a University student up here in Vancouver at the University of British Columbia in first year Arts with a declared major in Political Science. Most of my gun stuff has been left home in Toronto as I am currently living in residence hopefully next year I'll get the chance to hop over the border and join in on some training sessions. I'm here to network and hopefully gain skills and improve old ones. Hopefully pursuing a career in the Armed Forces/Law Enforcement/Security Industry. Other things I'm into include; hiking, snowboarding, skiing, photography, crossfit/physical fitness.

Back home I have a LMT 10.5" Upper I'll have to get a 16" so I can conform to ATF 6NIA for temporary imports. Also have a Remington 870. I'm also a gear whore and always acquiring and ordering new stuff.
    Last edited by Tom Swift; 11-11-10 at 17:17.

Feedback Score
    So I've been lurking/studying the forums as I try to get my Form 4 and 10.5" finished up, figured I should post up.

I've taken OFA Carbine 1 (Dutchy556 was one of my instructors) and Carbine 2. I was fortunate enough to secure a spot in Magpuls upcoming Dynamic Carbine 1 at DRRC. Occasionally, I shoot practical rifle at TCGC.

Currently, I've been using an M1A on an EBR stock.....very heavy and challenging. Plan on transitioning to the SBR once the stamp comes in.

I'd like to get in on a future shoot if you guys have room.

-Mike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm John in Central Oregon. So far, I've taken a 4-day pistol class at FrontSight and a 2-day carbine class at Insights up in Issaquah, aside from classroom-only OR and UT CCW classes. I reload most of my ammo. Recently, I've started shooting matches with my local club, COSSA.

eBay has been good to my training budget lately. I am looking for classes this winter and spring located in the PNW, so that do not eat up my training budget with airfare. I am also trying to get registered for the Glock Armorer's Class in Baker City on Jan 6, 2011.

I'm here to network with other Oregon and WA shooters with similar, other-than-Central-Oregon-bubba interests for shoots, class carpooling, range time, PT (nothing motivates bad weather running like a partner), and informal training.

Feedback Score
    Hello everyone!

My name is Mike (yes, another one). I live in Kirkland and am a WA state lifer. I'm a civi and've been shooting a little over a year now. Mostly pistol cuz it's been cheap and easy...until recently. I got bit by the 1911 bug about 5 mos. ago (2 springer operators and a colt and had a Kimber) and now the AR bug (two Daniel Defense middys, first to arrive tomorrow). I'll be attending my first carbine class via LMS Defense in mid-late February.YAY.burrrrr!

My home range is WCA but sometimes when times short or it's a late shoot I hit up Wades cuz it's closer and open later. Work and family are pretty demanding on my time but my wife is pretty good about this "hobby" so I'm looking forward to contributing, making some new like-minded friends and learning/practicing along the way.

BTW Ben, thanks for setting this up.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast