Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: PNW Introduction / Roster... Sign in, sign up!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    I'm Mark in Edmonds. I've taken NRA basic handgun in the past and most recently GDH at Insights. I spend most of my range time at WCA lately and I'm looking forward to doing more formal/informal training with handguns and carbines as time and money allows.
    welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Hi there, my name's Mark. I live in Seattle and work on Ft Lewis. I normally shoot at Ft Lewis ranges but I've just discovered WCA's range and I like shoot there in my off time. I highly recommend their range if you haven't seen it. I'm looking forward to checking out Insight's classes when I get some time to myself. Looks like I just missed the Western WA shoot but maybe I can catch the next one. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you soon.
    welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
    Hey, I'm Michael I'm Canadian. Currently a University student up here in Vancouver at the University of British Columbia in first year Arts with a declared major in Political Science. Most of my gun stuff has been left home in Toronto as I am currently living in residence hopefully next year I'll get the chance to hop over the border and join in on some training sessions. I'm here to network and hopefully gain skills and improve old ones. Hopefully pursuing a career in the Armed Forces/Law Enforcement/Security Industry. Other things I'm into include; hiking, snowboarding, skiing, photography, crossfit/physical fitness.

Back home I have a LMT 10.5" Upper I'll have to get a 16" so I can conform to ATF 6NIA for temporary imports. Also have a Remington 870. I'm also a gear whore and always acquiring and ordering new stuff.
    welcome, ya canuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayd8 View Post
    So I've been lurking/studying the forums as I try to get my Form 4 and 10.5" finished up, figured I should post up.

I've taken OFA Carbine 1 (Dutchy556 was one of my instructors) and Carbine 2. I was fortunate enough to secure a spot in Magpuls upcoming Dynamic Carbine 1 at DRRC. Occasionally, I shoot practical rifle at TCGC.

Currently, I've been using an M1A on an EBR stock.....very heavy and challenging. Plan on transitioning to the SBR once the stamp comes in.

I'd like to get in on a future shoot if you guys have room.

-Mike
    welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by tradja View Post
    I'm John in Central Oregon. So far, I've taken a 4-day pistol class at FrontSight and a 2-day carbine class at Insights up in Issaquah, aside from classroom-only OR and UT CCW classes. I reload most of my ammo. Recently, I've started shooting matches with my local club, COSSA.

eBay has been good to my training budget lately. I am looking for classes this winter and spring located in the PNW, so that do not eat up my training budget with airfare. I am also trying to get registered for the Glock Armorer's Class in Baker City on Jan 6, 2011.

I'm here to network with other Oregon and WA shooters with similar, other-than-Central-Oregon-bubba interests for shoots, class carpooling, range time, PT (nothing motivates bad weather running like a partner), and informal training.
    welcome! our shoots aren't exactly "classes," but guys generally learn a thing or two

Quote Originally Posted by PieceKeeper View Post
    Hello everyone!

My name is Mike (yes, another one). I live in Kirkland and am a WA state lifer. I'm a civi and've been shooting a little over a year now. Mostly pistol cuz it's been cheap and easy...until recently. I got bit by the 1911 bug about 5 mos. ago (2 springer operators and a colt and had a Kimber) and now the AR bug (two Daniel Defense middys, first to arrive tomorrow). I'll be attending my first carbine class via LMS Defense in mid-late February.YAY.burrrrr!

My home range is WCA but sometimes when times short or it's a late shoot I hit up Wades cuz it's closer and open later. Work and family are pretty demanding on my time but my wife is pretty good about this "hobby" so I'm looking forward to contributing, making some new like-minded friends and learning/practicing along the way.

BTW Ben, thanks for setting this up.
    welcome! and you're welcome

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    welcome! our shoots aren't exactly "classes," but guys generally learn a thing or two
    Thanks! I should have made that clearer, that I am looking to attend both PNW shoots and paid classes, perhaps even carpooling to classes with a forum member or knowing someone when I get there.

I seem to occasionally hear about classes in OR/WA after they occur, so I'm hoping to pick up on chatter here so I don't miss out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I live in Lakewood (but I'm well armed) right outside JBLM, I work on Ft. Lewis main. Been through two Trigger-Time courses with Tom Bullins and shoot out in Capitol Forrest or Bullseye Indoor Range as often as my budget allows. I have a GLOCK G21 and a Daniel Defense M4v2 sponsored by my Magpul fanboyism.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My name is Randy. I live on Whidbey Island, within 10 miles of the Central Whidbey Sportsman Range. I've been lurking on the forum for a while and have been meaning to join the Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association, but although I live in in the Coupeville area, and my main office is in Seattle, I fly to my other office on the east coast nearly every Monday morning. I haven't been in town on the second Monday of any month last year(where one is required to attend there meeting in order to join).

I'm a civilian/hobby shooter. I haven't shot much lately so I signed up for some instruction to force myself to get organized and out on a range and put some bullets through my Colt 6920 that looks real nice and rested in the safe. I will be taking the Vickers Basic Carbine and Basic Handgun classes in early March (way over on the east coast however), and the Vickers Carbine 1 in Okanogan later this year. I want to take some Magpul and other classes also sometime, but too much of a good thing in one year would take more than all my vacation time this year, (not to speak of $).

I need to get out and zero my carbine at 100 yards in prep for the Vickers class so I'll be tracking down a range somewhere. I'll also now be forced to stop reading about Eotech vs. Aimpoint in every forum online and vote with my $, and gather all the rest of the gear necessary for these courses.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Welcome Randy, and Aimpoint FTW!
    (sorry, couldn't resist)
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    Welcome Randy, and Aimpoint FTW!
    (sorry, couldn't resist)
    welcome FNGs... and definitely AIMPOINT.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Intro

Greetings,

My name is Rob and recently moved to the region from CO. I've owned an AR for over 10 years done alot of plinking but last spring I bit the bullet and paid for a private one on one AR class by a recently retired SWAT officer I knew from one of the major departments in the metro Denver area. Now I've really got the bug -to build a AR skill set.

I'd enjoy the opportunity to get out shoot and network with folks who like to do the same thing. Ultimately, I'd like to get my skills up enough to enter into three gun shooting.

I'll make the 2/26 WA shoot if you take me!
    Last edited by ex-facto; 01-18-11 at 00:50. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Howdy guys. Im Rick and I live in Olympia. Just got back from Afghanistan late last year. Im an A/D EOD tech.

I have trained under Bill Jeans, Tactical Response, Threat Management Group and others that I cant think of right now.

I do most of my shooting in the Capitol Forrest but Im looking to get more training in and starting shooting competitively which I have never done before.

Hope to make the 2/26 get together.

Rick

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    welcome both of you

i'll be posting for the long, long, long awaited CCW pistol shoot at CRPC this week, as well as starting planning for spring carbine.

we DO still have some Oregon members, right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    i'll be posting for the long, long, long awaited CCW pistol shoot at CRPC this week, as well as starting planning for spring carbine.

we DO still have some Oregon members, right?
    Indeed we do. This is the first I've heard about the CCW shoot. When?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast