Thread: CMMG G3 mag Lower?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CMMG G3 mag Lower?

I would love to hear from anyone that has built on one of the G3 mag compatible lowers made by CMMG? How has reliability been? Are they finicky about the mags? I have 100 new or like new G3 mags that I picked up for a buck each back when Tapco had them. Since I live in NY this lower has a lot of appeal. My only real issue is the lack of any type of bolt stop. I didn't expect a last round bho but would at least like to be able to manually lock the bolt back.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Funny to see this pop up. I too live in lovely NY and am looking at a .308 system. I was looking at either a Noveski/Armalite or Rock River LAR-8. The "need" to be able to use "Pre-Ban" mags seems to rule out Knight rifle mags. I can't seem to determine if the Gen II Armalite mods can be applied to older M-14 mags or if it's a complete new manufature mag. I will call back Armalite when they open at 9.

So it looks like a CMMG lower or a LAR. Since I have a FAL already this pushes me towards the LAR, but I will follow this with interest.

Edit to add the Armalite Gen II mags are still based on modified M-14 mags. They do not however, sell direct to NY or do the mag conversions to consumer mags.

Thanks
    Last edited by DMR; 10-30-09 at 08:41.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    DMR I too have a FAL (Pre-ban SAR48 para) with a bunch of mags and have considered the LAR as well. The RRA does seem to be a more complete package. It has a functioning bolt stop with last round hold open. I just enjoy building my own... I have also read abut a lot of people having mag issues with the LAR.