Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Carbine Nights

Feedback Score

Tactical Carbine Nights

Those of you in the NE Ohio area might be familiar with the Greenport Tactical association, http://www.gta.dynalias.org/. We are a small club just south of Canton.

This year we'll be having "Combat Rifle Night" on the second Tuesday of each month from 1730 to 2100. B.L. Farley from Outdoor Specialties,http://www.odspec.com/indexa.html, will be running some drills geared towards the AR carbine/rifle.

It's open to GTA members for free and non-members at $5 per shooter. All experience levels are welcome. We usually gear the night to the shooters. No high pressure, just good folks having a good time exercising their second amendment rights. Most of the shooting will be inside 50 yards. But we've been known to stretch things out to 200 once in a while.

Come on down for a fun night of shooting. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail with any questions. sdenniss@att.net

See ya on the range,
    Wedge

Feedback Score
    Great aftrenoon of shootin'
    great people, thanks to all involved in planning, hosting, and tutoring.
    CW

Feedback Score
    Definitely. I'll be there again next month!

Feedback Score
    Glad you guys had a good time, good to meet you both. Next one is scheduled for Tuesday July 13th.

See ya on the range,
    Scott

Feedback Score

july 13th

I was very interested in coming to the tuesday tactical carbine shoot and had a couple questions. First how much ammo does everyone normally bring, because as a student i cant really shoot much at a time, and also what kind of target and ranges are available, i am very excited to go to my first real shoot with other m4 shooters.

Feedback Score
    I would be surprised if I went through more than 100 rounds during the last class. After BL headed out, we did some extra drills, and I shot probably 50 more rounds, but bring 200 and I'll bet that you'll go home with plenty left over. We might shoot more as we do more "advanced" drills--or we might shoot less--but it's not super-high round count.

There was talk about shooting at longer ranges in upcoming classes but last month we shot only out to about 25 or 30 yards, if I recall. And even then, most of the shooting was 10-15 yards.

Someone correct me if I'm misremembering any numbers. It's been a month and I've done plenty of shooting other places, since.

Feedback Score
    Just a reminder that Tactical Carbine Night is coming up on Tuesday July 13, 2010. B.L. Farley will have some stuff to test our skills. Bring a rifle/carbine, spare mags and carrier. You should also bring a pistol and holster since we might do some transition drills. Things will kick off at 1800 hours, but I'll be there by 1700.

Round count will be under 200. Max range probably 50 yards. I've got a bunch of drills to test if we have left over time. Maybe we can get some low light stuff in too. Pretty much playing it by ear. I'm not sure what B.L. has planned. There's always banging and clanging the steel if all else fails.

I'm thinking I'll go old school with a M1 carbine or Commie with a Romanian 74. Decisions, decisions...........

Wedge

Feedback Score
    another question is how much pistol ammo and i do not have any kind of carrier for mags is there anything that would work besides a carrier?

Feedback Score
    50 rounds of pistol will probably do. If you don't have mag pouches there's always the old cargo shorts pocket carry. Or back pocket carry for that matter. Don't sweat the gear, you'll get by. It's a pretty informal night. More of an opportunity to run your gun and measure your personal skill level. No prizes for best ninja rig. No pressure - no worries.

Scott

Feedback Score
    Wedge, bring the M1 and a few extra rounds of ammo. The M1 was my favorite gun when I was a wee lad and I've still never held or shot one.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast