Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody From Central Or Eastern Pa Want To Setup A Date For A Training Day?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Roger. Looking forward to it.
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Great day today with macnamara for some pistol work. He came with an excellent attitude and a willingness to learn. He did an outstanding job in the amount of time that we had at the range.

We started with a standard safety discussion and then moved on to fundamentals including stance, grip, sight pic, trigger press and a brief illustration of the wobble zone.

The day was spent doing some pistol shooting and a lot of dry fire work with lots of time was spent on trigger presses. We varied between 3-5 yards using Todd G's dot torture drill target and 1" black dots on a backer. We didn't run the drill we focused more on aiming small and missing small. By the end, clean shots were routine even at 5yd's.

We did a lot of dry fire with a casing on the front of his Glock and included limited amount of ball and dummy runs (I didn't do more of them simply because we were at an indoor range)....

We also spent a good amount of time with me pressing the trigger for him allowing him to focus on sight pic and feeling a good clean press and break. He did an outstanding job in this area and it payed off by the end of our session.

By the end of the session he had shown great progress and I believe he left with some things to work on and areas to direct his focus towards. I look forward to getting together in the future and continuing where we left off.

Keep in mind I am not an instructor nor do I consider myself a great teacher of any magnitude. I do what I can to work with new shooters in hopes of getting them to a level were they can then attend a class by a top tier instructor and feel more comfortable upon arrival.

Feedback Score
    I'm from Chester County PA and I'm looking for some good folks to shoot/train with. I'm game for meeting anywhere in central or eastern PA. Feel free to PM me if any meetings come up. Thanks.

trappezius

Feedback Score
    Another one in Eastern PA willing to get together. Also, I can help double D90King's numbers at the range.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Guys, I just recently joined another club that will make a session much easier to put together. The new club has 500m rifle range with steel starting at 200m and sits on 300 acres of heaven.

We will have a lot more flexibility at the new club. Souther Chester County was really a tough club to organize a session due to all of their 70's FUD rules and guest policies.

Lets look to set something up in the near future. I will start a page on my site www.FirearmsTrainingandTactics.com to organize the group, pick a date and set a curriculum based upon the shooters who are interested in attending. I will cross post between both sites so nobody is excluded.
    Last edited by d90king; 07-22-10 at 10:17.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Great news.
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    That's funny, it's on my itinerary to join that club, too. Too bad their membership is full for the year. I yearn to try shooting past 100y. In the mean time, I'll be a SCCSFA on the 28th, enjoying the rule freedom.

Thanks for the very generous offer, D90King, I certainly appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    That's funny, it's on my itinerary to join that club, too. Too bad their membership is full for the year. I yearn to try shooting past 100y. In the mean time, I'll be a SCCSFA on the 28th, enjoying the rule freedom.

Thanks for the very generous offer, D90King, I certainly appreciate it.
    No problem at all! I am just happy to have a good place to use now for group sessions. Plus I am really looking forward to the long range steel range and being able to shoot out from under cover and run drills freely...

I might be able to help you get in in Jan. I got another buddy in at the same time as I got in last week. I got very luck with a Life Member who got me in without going through all the meetings etc...

Welcome aboard on FTT also, glad to have you.

Feedback Score
    Thanks a lot for the offer, I greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for the invite to FTT, getting to learn that place, poking around. I usually lurk for a while before posting - getting to know the people and attitudes BEFORE getting in trouble, heheh.

Feedback Score
    I would definitely be up for this as well. I'm on the 'Noob' side of things but I have a couple of pistols and a carbine that I would love to work out with.

Fred

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast