Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PNW Everything else pic thread!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

PNW Everything else pic thread!

Post your guns, girls, range pics, gear - pics are always best accomponied by a description and/or story!

Just to get things started:

Buck huntin about a week ago - didn't get nothin', but at least i got the SPR out of the safe

same weapon
    Last edited by bkb0000; 11-01-09 at 22:46.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Me and a friend during a training session August 2008.

Some of the guys at the same session...

Doing a right peel walkthrough..

It rained....ALOT. The gravel pit turned into a mud pit. Here's my 92FS just before cleaning right after I got home. It never hiccuped, or failed during the session.

Keep in mind that all the gear pics are after a fair amount of mud was washed off by the rain......

The rifle. It also never failed..

My gear...

A session that took place in Oct....

A dry run. Shooters getting "online" in an immediate response action to near ambush.

Live fire advancing on the threat..

After advancing through the enemy getting in a 360 and giving an ACE report, here they are moving to a rally point off the position.

Doing the exercise again...Shooters getting online after contact is identified..

Me keeping a shooter moving during a re-load.

I'm up, he sees me, i'm down....

For what it's worth, I know that the terrain is not really the best area to practice tactics such as these, especially considering the confined area, heading into an enclosed space, etc. But we account for the variables as best we can so safety isn't compromised and it's what's avalible so we use it.

The crew is good, solid people who've got their heads screwed on tight. No safety violations, and they're competent running on the hot range.

These pics are also only representative of a few of the many sessions that we've run. We normally don't do a lot of pics.
    Last edited by GrumpyM4; 11-03-09 at 03:39. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    From practical rifle 3-4 weeks ago:

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Great pix, grumpy- you guys as organized as you look? how's shooting into rocks? ever get any splash/rock chunks back?

Isaac- that at TCGC? i noticed the empty magwell on the M&P

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    Isaac- that at TCGC? i noticed the empty magwell on the M&P
    Good eyes, yeah it's TCGC.

i.e I just LOVE not being able to run with muzzle depressed, no loaded pistol, etc.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    Great pix, grumpy- you guys as organized as you look? how's shooting into rocks? ever get any splash/rock chunks back?
    Thanks for the compliment.

Not sure what you mean by "organized".

If you mean as in how organized the classes are, then yes, we are very organized. The importance of having everything understood, practiced, and carried out appropriately prior to going live fire is very important.

It has always been my goal for the students to leave with the same amount of holes in their bodies that they arrived with. I have been successfull in this matter with one exception and that involved myself.

About the rocks, we've found that back splash is only an issue at shorter ranges and therefore either set targets far enough away from the rocks that we can get close to the targets, or if the targets are on/in the rocks, the instructors call cease fire at an appropriate time during the exercise. Keep in mind that ceae fire does not necessarily mean the end of the exercise as the tactic involved in the oct. session involved fighting through the enemy position, setting 360 security, calling in ACE reports, re-distribution as necessary, then moving to a rally point off of the objective in the event of a counter attack/artillery/etc. A smart enemy always has his own positions ranged and targeted.....

About that singular incident, well, it involved the rocks. The place we train is an active gravel pit, so throughout the summer, it changes a lot. We arrived one sunday to find it greatly modified and we set the targets too clost to some fresh rock.

We were shooting for a good couple of hours with a few small backsplash reports and even a .45 cal copper jacket that turned into a frisbee that most of us watched come flying back behind the fireing line.

At one point I called a string of fire and all of a sudden, it felt like someone flicked me in the chin rally hard. I ignored it and called another string of fire and looked down for some reason only to find blood dripping down my gear and M4.

I waited for the string of fire to end and told the guys to hang tight. I turned around, headed back to the med kit, got a gauze pad out and one of my Traumadex packets. I stuck the traumadex covered pad on my chin and held it there for a few seconds until the cut clotted up and held the patch in place.

We checked the targets and the back of the cardboard was filled with shards of rock, lead, and copper. We moved the targets to a safer location and finished the course.

A few months later I was in the dentist for a teeth cleaning and they decided to xray my teeth. They found a wierd object in my jaw and asked what it was. Apparently I have part of a copper jacket in my chin that I can't feel from the outside but come up on an X-ray.

Insofar as our group being organized, we are not a militia or anything like that. We are just a bunch of guys who enjoy training, learning how to better mindsets, our knowledge, our guns and gear, etc.

Like I tell everybody, this is about becomming a more competent gunfighter so that should worst come to worst and your family or community needs you in this capacity, you are equipped with the mental and physical tools to step up and make things happen.

I also encourage them to find training elsewhere and in other areas such as disaster response, first responder/first aid, ham radio, etc. etc. etc. I remind them that this part, the shooting and tactics part, is only one very small part of the bigger picture, and the most fun part insofar as training goes, but a necessary part non-the-less.
    Last edited by GrumpyM4; 11-03-09 at 22:11. Reason: speeling

Feedback Score

How thats what Im talking about

Great pics guys, I can relate to back splach, I nailed myself shooting steel with a .45 a couple of years ago. It got me real close to my manhood, believe me I dont shoot steel standing that close any more.

So with that said, its supposed to rain alot weekend buts supposed to clear up the next week, so we have almost two weeks to put a training day together. I know we are all on different pages as to are leval of training.

It looks like Douglas Ridge does not have anything going on the 14 & 15 .If anyone wants to go out we can shoot on the 100 yd range, make sure the long guns are sighted in, and also run a couple of pistol/rifle drills. As i said Im a RSO so if we had another RSO. or instructor to run the line for part if the drills, I want to shoot too guys, we can start seting it up.

So what say you all ? or should we go some place else?

Lets get together and so this.

Be safe.

Rob
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I could easily see myself driving out to run some stuff on the 100yd range. Considering I now know that piece of grass quite well after a 3 day class out there.

Rob if you can secure us a time lets see what we can make happen.

Feedback Score

PNT ers

It looks like the pistol and 100-200 ydr ranges are open, no out door class being held the weekend of the 14-15. We have a big 100-200 range , which Id like to use, so should not be a prob getting a few of us on. The nice thing about shooting in November is the weak of heart are home.
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If anyone is curious, here's what the 100/200yd range looks like (from the MD class):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8396760...7621813443937/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast