Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Noveske Shooting Team at this weekends Steel City Tactical Rifle Match

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

The Noveske Shooting Team at this weekends Steel City Tactical Rifle Match

Here is the match footage I took from this weekends Steel City Tactical Rifle Match on Halloween

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpY68W6yXmY

Enjoy.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Cold that was awsome. Is that scope the same as mine a Swarovski Z61. If so what size blizard covers are those. If you could help me out I would owe you one. Also which upper is that? Thanks again. Its good to see others shooting Noveske at 3 gun. By the way you are fast.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That was great

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Cold that was awsome. Is that scope the same as mine a Swarovski Z61. If so what size blizard covers are those. If you could help me out I would owe you one. Also which upper is that? Thanks again. Its good to see others shooting Noveske at 3 gun. By the way you are fast.
    Pat
    Yes, same optic, we are all using Z6i's actually. I was the last to switch over but now Im very glad I did.

I wish WISH I had BC caps for the Z6i, but alas, I cannot find any that fit. Rob runs a modified one on his front but the ocular is bare. I just use the supplied bikini if its that bad out but even then I tend to not like it on 1x with that cover on.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Good stuff Cold.

I'm thinking of using a 12" Troy tube on my incoming 16" SS410 BCM midlength upper.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Good stuff Cold.

I'm thinking of using a 12" Troy tube on my incoming 16" SS410 BCM midlength upper.
    I run the Troy extreme 11" on mine, I think you will be very pleased with the Troy. Its lighter & thinner then JP Vtac tube and allows me to stick it through some of the often precarious slots, we have seen at matches down here in the South East, others using Larue/Vtac/PRi cannot get their HG's into the slot which sometimes is a disadvantage.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Thanks for posting the video. I saw my buddy Tod aka Shortbus!

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    Yes, same optic, we are all using Z6i's actually. I was the last to switch over but now Im very glad I did.

I wish WISH I had BC caps for the Z6i, but alas, I cannot find any that fit. Rob runs a modified one on his front but the ocular is bare. I just use the supplied bikini if its that bad out but even then I tend to not like it on 1x with that cover on.
    Cold what do you do for the long shots. All the matches here in Alaska only go out to 100 yards or 300 yards depending on the location of the range. I would like to compete down there but I am worried about the 600 yard stages. How do you set your scope up for the long targets?
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Thanks for posting the video. I saw my buddy Tod aka Shortbus!
    Yep he is in the video, he shot well.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Cold what do you do for the long shots. All the matches here in Alaska only go out to 100 yards or 300 yards depending on the location of the range. I would like to compete down there but I am worried about the 600 yard stages. How do you set your scope up for the long targets?
    Pat

All the matches Ive shot, I have only seen one stage past 300 and that was at the Larue 3 Gun. Now I have not shot Ft Benning yet, but word from past events is they have stages that reach out further. I just dont know yet from experience. FNH USA was not past 300 I dont believe. I personally, have a very good 200 yard zero and know clicks for stuff past 300. At FNH I just held high on the plate rack at 300 something yards and dropped them without issue. Just depends on what you like to do. The Z6i doesnt have tac turrets which is the only thing I wish it had!
    Last edited by Cold; 11-02-09 at 23:25.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast