Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your favorite cold weather shooting glove?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    That time of year again...asking if there have been any new products issued in the last year or so. I'm always looking for gloves that will combine ability to shoot and keep hands warm. I know that's a very tough and tall order.

What do folks find to be the best solution?

Thanks.
    What is your idea of cold?

~40 and above I stick with flight gloves

Much colder than that and I've got a set of of North Face Summit G3 Insulated gloves that are fantastic. They have a leather palm and are warmer than their bulk would let on.

Attachment 49624
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    For moderate cold I've been using the outdoor research paradigm glove. Leather palm means good dexterity, the rest is lightly insulated softshell. Again, not the best for more severe cold, but it's been doing well in the 30-40 range.
    "We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose" - Sir Carton de Wiert, VC

Feedback Score
    My absolute favorite shooting gloves are the $6 ones from Harbor Frieght that say Hardy on them. They only come in black, allow awesome dexterity and feel, but also keep your hands plenty warm down to 0°F. They probably aren't quite as durable as Mechanic gloves, but for $6 they definitely get the job done.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

Here in Sweden I have used MECHANIX WEAR THE ORIGINAL INSULATED GLOVES & BLACKHAWK EXTREME COLD WEATHER OPERATIONS GLOVES during winter.
    Both of them are good and I haven't had any issue with keeping the cold out (-10 - 15 degree celcius) but for handling my hunting rifle I still feel that the Mechanix are best.
    Plus esse, quam simultatur
    www.tacticalsergeant.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345