Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite cold weather shooting glove?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Winter shooting gloves

Try Nike winter golf gloves.

Feedback Score
    Wow good call, those look nice. Not baggy, like an extension of your own skin.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by awm14hp View Post
    I have used the kangaroo skin Cabalas black shooting glove that is insulated and its worked really well for me just stay with the non goretex model as it seems to give you a better feel on things

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

I have hunted deer and when I was in ARMY I used wool control dot gloves with good results both half finger and full finger and even when they get wet they have kept my fingers warm
    Damn. I wish I caught this thread while they were still on sale for $20. They'd be a perfect match for an Urban Brown Stealth Hoodie Reloaded.

Feedback Score
    Ironclad Cold Condition gloves, they're even availablein digi-woodland camo. I'm a maintenance mechanic at a WM grocery Dist. Center and do alot a work on the perishable side which ranges from 55 degrees to -20. I'm able to work with tools and small fasteners with them on. A pair usually lasts me about a yr. before I wear throught he thumb and forefinger. They have great dexterity and don't get hung up on controls, so yes they work great for guns too. I wear them hunting as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Falboy you never had issue with them seperation at the webing between your thumb and pointer finger I blew out like 3 straight pairs really fast in that specific spot they were all XXL and the length was good on them but all of them blew the seams out right there

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    I have a pair of BLACKHAWK Cool Weather Shooting Gloves and they work just fine when temps are around 20 degrees F (I generally don't shoot if it is under 20 F). They have grippies on the palm and trigger finger which help a great deal and are thin enough to load ammo and do any task required at the range while still keeping your hands relatively worm.

In my experience your hands will still get cold up here after an hour or two at the range when wearing a glove that works for shooting so I also use a carhartt hand warmer. I couldn't find a direct link, but here is the under armour version:

These things work great in keeping your hands warm when not setting up or shooting.
    Last edited by panzerr; 12-26-09 at 10:51. Reason: link fix
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I picked up my order of the Kangaroo gloves at Cabela's last night and will have to exchange it. The stitching on the left hand glove between the index and middle finger is very tight. Not sure how to explain it but if you stretch your hand and move your thumb outward, the index finger will pull outwards with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
    Damn. I wish I caught this thread while they were still on sale for $20. They'd be a perfect match for an Urban Brown Stealth Hoodie Reloaded.
    back on sale
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...exId=cat601233

Feedback Score
    No can't say as I have. I'm on my 5th pair in as many yrs. I use 'em pretty hard at work. I usually wear them out due to using power tools. They get chewed up by the chuck putting bits in or starting screws.

Feedback Score
    Gortex hunting mittens with palm slits in both mittens. I like bare fingers on a trigger. I need slits on both mittens, right hand pistol - left hand rifle.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast