Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PNT&N November Training DR

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    We mainly started off with some pistol relays, working around obstacles, working the urban prone and kneeling. Then we worked on some basic pistol skills to warm up.

Then unfortunately we went to zero our rifles, and that turned in to a 2 hour affair. I think Roy was the only one who had a solid zero on his rifle. My SR-15 had just been re-barreled, Piet's optic was a mess, and Rob was zeroing a new EOtech.

We also had some fun with my Benelli M4 for about a half an hour.

I'd say the fun really started when we started doing lateral shoot and move exercises. An example of this was that we set up 4 target stands, between 25-40 yds. You started right of the far right target, you took that first target standing, moved left and took that target kneeling, then moved left again and took that standing, then left again and took that prone.

So you have to hustle and still get your hits.

Everyone had fun and the weather treated us well. Now I would say that our next get-together should probably be at the English Pit because we'll want a private, flat, and flexible location for shooting. It sounds like we can rent one of their big LE rifle bays for a decent cost if we all chip in. Where I think that's important is that we need to be able to do more than lateral shooting, and need to be able to do off-line of attack stuff, box drills, and move and shoot hammer drills.

All in all, I think we all had fun, the weather was great to boot!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I believe the bays at the Pit can hold 8-10 shooters no problem. Rob it sounded like you had a contact there, let us know what the daily rental would be.

But I agree, having it to ourselves would be great and could let us try out some of the more advanced techniques.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post

Everyone had fun and the weather treated us well. Now I would say that our next get-together should probably be at the English Pit because we'll want a private, flat, and flexible location for shooting. It sounds like we can rent one of their big LE rifle bays for a decent cost if we all chip in. Where I think that's important is that we need to be able to do more than lateral shooting, and need to be able to do off-line of attack stuff, box drills, and move and shoot hammer drills.

All in all, I think we all had fun, the weather was great to boot!
    You can rent bays at places?

I'd definitely be down!

The good weather was a mixed blessing. It was nice to be somewhat warm and very dry. However, this meant that we never had the place completely to ourselves, and could only do lateral movement.

For our next training session, let's bust out the good old "Green Eyes Black Rifles" and try out some drills as taught by Kyle Lamb

http://www.youtube.com/user/VikingTactics
    Last edited by Fontaine; 11-17-09 at 13:32.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Damn,

Wish I'd seen this. If someone wants to setup another, I'll be there. I JUST found this thread, and it's only 90 miles away. Also, If anyone wants to do this down Corvallis way, I'll setup and get it hosted at ARPC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    You can rent bays at places?

For our next training session, let's bust out the good old "Green Eyes Black Rifles" and try out some drills as taught by Kyle Lamb
    As long as we use your car.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    noops, see about if we can get a bay down at ARPC for part of a day. We want to be able to move 360 degrees while being safe of course. But essentially if we can run it with big boy rules we're solid.

USAFR, how much would bays at the pit run us?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Titleist: will do. I'll email them tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Great stuff guys.

Feedback Score
    Any chance of setting up something N of Portland? I would like to come out, but wouldn't want to have to get up at 4 in the morning or something to do it.

I suppose no SBRs is a bummer for the Oregon guys though.

Feedback Score

Setting somthing up N of P-Town

You mean to tell me ther is life as we know it north of the Columbia River? Now i remember, Vancouver B.C. dont think i can get across the boarder with my stiff.

But to answer your question WHY NOT, I know of a range south of Tacoma I have attended a training at but thats it as to what I know about ranges up there.

I looking into using the Pit in Vancouver, USA, if you can hook up up with an area north of that far out.

I guess I shopuld ask how far North.

Training tip of the day, find the time to dry fire, both rifle AND pistol together like you would at "a Training", go to you knee, go the both knees, do a prone. Get some snap caps, if you can get an airsoft in the same brand as your "training gun". I have found a glock mod 19/23 size that works with my gear. if ya have a basement, or what ever set up a couple of targets and train on your own.

Looking forward to the next time.

RobL
    Rob L

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast