I'd be in for any type of training in or reasonable distance from Raleigh. I'm new in town and seeking out new places to shoot, train, and shop.

A big +1 for the 'Wake county firearms education center' That place is 10 mins from my new place. I went down for the safety brief ($15)and like 50-60 people were in the class. Couple of chicks were taking notes, and two dudes showed up in uniform (army) Looked like the full gammit of experience to me. They even had a 50Q written test.

To address someones question on here, they are class III friendly, but no full auto and be damn skippy to have your papers on you as the sherrifs dept 'owns' the range.

They allow anything up to and not including 50bmg. Guy said they aren't equipped for that. Cross-draws are also a no-go. Drills are allowed.

The staff there seemed pretty cool and very knowledgeable. They did seem to be safety nazi's which is a good thing with so many zero experience people around. They take safety to the point where when you have your weapon in a case on the table, it is to be oriented with the muzzle downrange. The rate is $10 an hour for a lane, with sharing OK.

I'm going to try to get up there this week for some trigger time, I'll post my impresion here afterwards.