Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Places in NC to go Shoot

Feedback Score

NC Firing Range

Im a life member here, the web site is very slow,
    the next time Im out there, Ill shoot some pics.

http://www.encfiringrange.com/index_files/Page701.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The Range, Oxford, NC

I cannot vouch for them and I have never been to their facility but,
    Range 37 Lillington

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 22:28.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So does anyone want to get a "regular" thing going somewhere!?

Sparky

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I live in the Raleigh area when I'm home. Apparently this is the only place around there to shoot AR's.

http://www.wakegov.com/firingrange/default.htm

If anyone is trying to put some classes together in the NC area they can count me in.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm in as well. I could travel to Raleigh, Fayetteville, Charlotte, or Asheville. If anyone is going to organize a meet please contact me.

Tony Moffre
    tornadoracing@carolina.rr.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Ditto when I return from Afghanistan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's what I got...

Shooter Express in Belmont, like exit 27 off I-85. 20mins outta Charlotte. Rifle and pistol, 25Yards max indoor. Like 6 rifle bays and 10 pistol bays. They have a couple MGs to rent and a decent gun store. Been shooting there on and off for 15 years. Good guys. Super busy on the weekends. Like $12-15 a hour

Rankin Lake (Gaston Police Training Center) 30 mins outta Charlotte off 321. I drove out this weekend but didnt get to shoot. 100 yards rifle. Its a police range and open to civilians only on Sat. Like $8 a day.

Rowan Wildlife club in Salisbury. 30 mins outta Charlotte off I-85. I used to shoot there weekly. Really nice place, very well taken care of. 200,100,50yrd positions on the rifle range. like 25 concrete benches. Like 10 pistol pits/bays, most are like 25 yards wide by 50 yards deep. I have shot carbine there and wasnt bothered. Nice Skeet trap and sporting clays areas. Members only except for matches. I have seen NRA High Power and SASS matches there. Like $600 to get in the door with a sponsor, $125 yearly.

Effirds in Albermale NC. 30 mins outta Charlotte out 24/27. This is a range behind a guys barn. Out to 150 yards with random steel plates on the 100 and 150 yard berms. Quiet place. I was a member and liked going there because I was usually alone. He just put up a skeet range. Has a small pistol pit with some steel. Members only, like $125 a year.

Range 37 in Lillington NC, like 15 mins outta Bragg. Pretty nice place, with a little love it could be a really badass place. Out to 100yrds now (plans for out to 300m I think). BIG outdoor shoothouse, needs some work (think thats being done now) but will be cool when done. A few pistol pits with steel and a carbine pit. Decent little gunstore there too. I have shot there several times and the guys out there are really cool. Not sure what price is now, but non-members are cool. I remember they were doing something for Mil. guys. They have changed ownership.

Trigger time in Carthage NC. Like 30-40 mins from Bragg. Nice place. Took a couple classes out there. Big place. All outdoors. Several rifle/pistol GP ranges. Not sure about range usage, prices.

If someone has land that is "shootable", I have backhoes, dozers, dumptrucks, skidsteers, etc for my usage. I'd be willing to work something out. I have friends working on some land in the area.

If anyone in the Charlotte area ever wants to get up and shoot him me up. PM me. Im in the Raleigh/Durham area alot also. Im up near Asheville at least once a month as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Drake Landing in Fuquay Varina. www.drakelanding.net Grey Group is hosting classes there.

Coharie Shooting League near Clinton. We have 2 IDPA matches there monthly. www.csl-idpa.com

www.carolinashootersforum.com has range info.
    Last edited by Amp Mangum; 01-18-10 at 08:32.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
    I live over in western NC - Mitchell county. We don't have many places to shoot, a rifle range is being contructed in Avery county, advertising a 600 yard rifle range, 50 yard pistol range, and archery area. Supposed to be open in spring, I'll post the specifics when it's available.
    PLEASE let me know when this is available, here in Hickory all we have for the public is 25yd pistol. Some private ranges but they are pretty expensive. I would also be intrested in shooting matches. thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast