Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two new Colt 1911s

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Two new Colt 1911s

I haven't had a 1911 in awhile and it was getting to me. I grew up on the things but got tired of 'em and drifted away but nostalgia more than anything drew me back in the fold. Picked up these two in a two week frame recently. The top is a new production S70 and the bottom is a TALO exclusive http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411538119

I plan on only lightly modding the S70, sights and carry bevel, want to keep it retro.
    The TALO I'm thinking of sending to COLT for their Model O Package. (Beavertail, set of Novaks, carry bevel, refinish) but I'll be adding some other stuff too.

They both shoot like a dream bone stock, just bite alittle. They are some of the most accurate 1911s I've ever shot and no issues with either in about 300rds. each. I know, not much, but I just got them and .45 ammo is still hard to find in this area. Only thing I've done is play dress up with some different stocks.
    Last edited by cathellsk; 11-06-09 at 01:24.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good buys, congrats on your purchase, and on rejoining the ranks of 1911 owners.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Congrats! The Series 70 Repro would make a great base gun to build on. I have one down at John Harrisons for some work. I am hopeful that I will have my side squared away in short order and see it completed in the next few months.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice!!!! I am TRYING to stay away from 1911's. I do enjoy my TRS however
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker
    http://www.bgoodeknives.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Great looking guns there.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    Those are some nice pistols, congratulations.

I'd love to have a series 70 reissue..then the dilemma would be whether to send for customizing or not

Will you send it to anyone for the custom treatment or not?
    Formerly known as "Son of Vlad Tepes"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Vlad Tepes View Post
    Those are some nice pistols, congratulations.

I'd love to have a series 70 reissue..then the dilemma would be whether to send for customizing or not

Will you send it to anyone for the custom treatment or not?
    Thats what I always ran into in the past. Never had the patience to wait for one to get worked on. My brother had a Springer worked on by Yost before they opened their latest shop. It is nice.

I'd like to keep the S70 simple, thinking of a carry bevel (thanks Colt....for the razor sharp edges!) and a better sight set up. Thinking a dovetailed front night sight and a retro style rear sight and also keeping the factory style blue finish. I want it to "look" mostly stock.

The TALO I was going to go for the beavertail, hammer, trigger, sights, etc. just your basic custom job, nothing too fancy. Probably a park job for the finish too.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nice looking 1911s. I recently picked up a nice original series 70 Colt that will be headed to Jim Garthwaite later this month for a full house build. Now I may need to pick up TALO special edition for a retro build.
    Last edited by frbowers; 11-07-09 at 01:54.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Distinguished Rifleman #1558
    President's Hundred

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice Colts! They're great for builds or "as is."
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Thats what I always ran into in the past. Never had the patience to wait for one to get worked on. My brother had a Springer worked on by Yost before they opened their latest shop. It is nice.

I'd like to keep the S70 simple, thinking of a carry bevel (thanks Colt....for the razor sharp edges!) and a better sight set up. Thinking a dovetailed front night sight and a retro style rear sight and also keeping the factory style blue finish. I want it to "look" mostly stock.

The TALO I was going to go for the beavertail, hammer, trigger, sights, etc. just your basic custom job, nothing too fancy. Probably a park job for the finish too.
    That sounds like a good plan. But are you going to parkerize the TALO? The Glock TALO's I've seen look pretty hideous, but I actually like that TALO finish on the 1911
    Formerly known as "Son of Vlad Tepes"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast