Thread: DPMS Kitty Kat modifications...help needed.

Feedback Score

DPMS Kitty Kat modifications...help needed.

Hey gang,

I have a stock DPMS Kitty Kat upper with the round handguard, and fixed front sight, A2 flashhider, mated to an older lower with a MagPul MOE stock and MOE grip. It's a nice SBR, about the size of an SMG, but I've been thinking of mounting a light on it (either an X300 or an X400), but I don't know if I want to put a YHM rail on it like this:

or just replace my gasblock so my rail will cover the whole thing and attach a folding front sight. (I have a spare MBUS set I got from a buddy) like so:

Also, I'm trying to keep this baby pretty streamlined, so is the Insight MRDS a good option for my SBR? I love Aimpoints, but not exactly in love with the aesthetics of the T1 (I know, that shouldn't be a priority, but please humor me )
    Last edited by keysersoze; 11-08-09 at 10:50. Reason: Added pics (btw those aren't mine, I just found them on the 'net)
    "I just can't believe we're going to walk into certain death. " - Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My vote is for #2 for streamlined.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about the MI FSB mount? I use one with a TLR-1 and I think Rob_S uses one with a SF X200.
    We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

-Archilochus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    How about the MI FSB mount? I use one with a TLR-1 and I think Rob_S uses one with a SF X200.
    Thanks, I'll try to look for that too!
    "I just can't believe we're going to walk into certain death. " - Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects

Feedback Score
    I would go with option 2.

I like the option of getting my hand further forward that the longer rail gives.

I also like that the longer rails give more options to mount the light. I especially like that it gives the option for a light at the 12 o'clock position I prefer.

And most importantly, it looks cooler!

Don't know about the MRDS but I think the T1 would be perfect on that!

Feedback Score
    i would go with option #2, just shot the same set up the other day and it ran like a top.

Feedback Score
    Option #2. If you are thinking of going with the KX3 (not that you mentioned it) I would go with an MI 9" free float rail (fits over the KX3 and gives a nice finished appearance). That will give you enough room for a top mounted light without sacrificing sight radius.
    An AK guy dabbling in an AR world.

Videos:
    Concealed Means Concealed!
    CMC Part II