Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: New "Hypercav" bullet design

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    How is..."Project Confidence"?

Still high?

Anyone know what happened to They? He "wasn't going anywhere", but I have not seen him or Hypercav around. Just curious, whipping out the "way-back-machine" this morning and necro-posting. Apologies.
    Looking around, I can't help but notice that all activity (tests, videos, ads) surrounding this purported "ballistic break-through" seems to have come to a screeching halt around the first quarter of 2010.

It does not portend well being that it is over two years between "then" and "now".
    Last edited by 481; 07-15-12 at 11:30.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Website is defunct.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I could swear I read a post, here or arfcom, that they decided it did not do what they had hoped, and they shut down. Some said "I told ya so" while other atleast gave them props for trying.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fail-Safe View Post
    I could swear I read a post, here or arfcom, that they decided it did not do what they had hoped, and they shut down. Some said "I told ya so" while other atleast gave them props for trying.
    I would have given props for trying, but having spoken to "They" on the phone. He was very "I'm secret squirrel and I know people and they demand my product and I have contracts in the works with big-wigs and you'll all see my glory and I'll retire off this!" It was almost religious/manic.
    Last edited by WS6; 07-15-12 at 18:06.

Feedback Score
    That is a MAJOR problem in the firearms industry these days--it might be smarter to develop, test, perfect, and validate an item before publicly unveiling it and starting the advertising hype...

Feedback Score

Looks to me like the holes vent air AND fluid out of the hollow cavity resulting in slower expansion, less expansion, and greater penetration. All these HC bullets look underexpanded.

The only benefit I see to all this is you can get 2-3" more penetration out of a lighter bullet by slowing the rate of expansion.
    Last edited by J-cat; 07-15-12 at 19:58.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213