Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Georgia Arms Kaboom or NOT?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey.. My offer still stands.. send me 1200 rds for a class and I'll run it exclusively.....

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have shot over 10,000 rounds of GA Arms .223/5.56 canned heat ammo throughout the years and never had any problem. Just bought another 500 Saturday. I've shot them in various training classes with Paul Howe, Ken Hackathorn and S-Dave, so have dozens of other students. I'm planning to shoot another 1000 at LAV class in two weeks.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I have shot over 10,000 rounds of GA Arms .223/5.56 canned heat ammo throughout the years and never had any problem. Just bought another 500 Saturday. I've shot them in various training classes with Paul Howe, Ken Hackathorn and S-Dave, so have dozens of other students. I'm planning to shoot another 1000 at LAV class in two weeks.
    Good luck. But your argument is illogical. Just because they made 10K rounds of trouble free ammo doesn't mean that any ammo that they've made or will make will be trouble free.

Even the large manufacturers of new ammo mess up sometimes too. I've had Winchester white box .45ACP that had the bullets seated WAY TOO DEEP in the casings right out of the box before it ever made it into a magazine or the pistol. This probably would have blown up my pistol. Winchester sent me $40 in ammo coupons after sending the ammo back to them.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I believe it was Pat Rogers that reported a factory federal round that tested over 60,000 psi

Stuff can happen...I am suspicious of anyone that claims otherwise

I had some .357 Sig rounds that blew out the primer pockets

UMC sent me a check but suggested my pistol might be defective

I solved the problem by never shooting UMC again

Feedback Score
    I also remember that 2 Seattle LEO's G21's Kaboomed with Federal 45ACP ammo....S&B is another one with reported failures...it looks like quality control has slipped a notch lately but unless you reload, you are really depending on the ammo manufacturers to do their best to keep the quality up...

Feedback Score
    Damn what a shame...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    I believe it was Pat Rogers that reported a factory federal round that tested over 60,000 psi

Stuff can happen...I am suspicious of anyone that claims otherwise

I had some .357 Sig rounds that blew out the primer pockets

UMC sent me a check but suggested my pistol might be defective

I solved the problem by never shooting UMC again
    i have a .40cal bullet i pulled out of my barrel, luckily it was last round of the day, in fact i had no idea it had happened until i cleaned it and realized my push rod wasnt clearing the barrel. I purchased from UMC, i will never buy UMC stuff again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12