Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Craghoppers/Bear Gillis survival clothing line

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Craghoppers/Bear Gillis survival clothing line

Now you can get in Bear's survival pants...

Don't laugh, but the two have paired up for a clothing line. Ignoring the fact that Bear's TV shows in the past have often been ah... faked, and that his career in the TA SAS was cut short by a parachuting accident, are these clothes well designed?

The pants do look interesting, but honestly I never had much of a problem with the lightweight BDU pants in harsh environments. But, Craghoppers do make good stuff.

I might get a pair just to test out, but I really hate having his name on them. My British teammates are going to give me a lot of shit over them... lol. Yes, they are probably over priced, but I can deal with that.

http://www.us.craghoppers.com/webapp...52_13052_26762

ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    Funny you mentioned this topic. I was just thinking where I could get a pair. Yes, BG is highly controversial, etc. but he does put his pants through the paces, regularly.
    BDUs are worn daily, and have torn regularly. Once torn, worthless. I shall check these out, and see how they do.
    Thanks,

Phil
    Phil Hagoes
    SOTECH Sniper Line Manager
    www.sotechsnipergear.com
    www.sotechsnipergear@gmail.com
    702-427-2233

If it was easy anybody could do it, and then it would'nt matter...

Victory is where 10,000 hours of training meet up with one moment of opportunity.

Hope for the best and plan for the worst!

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    I-Ninja, have you ever considered Mountain Khakis? I have four pair I use for rough duty and range time. They work well sub 100 degrees F and are tough as nails and being that they are cotton canvas won't melt to your skin. One thing -being that they are canvas you need to buy them a size or two up from normal since they will shrink significantly after several washes (much like a high quality Karate Gi)

I too am intrigued by Bear's high speed low drag pants. I have a pair of old school tournament paintball paints with the same reinforced knees and arse that are ten years old, have been beat to piss and a still usable so I would surely like to give Bear's pants a chance.

Bear may be controversial because some things on his show (if not all) are staged, but I don't really care -it is TV and meant for entertaining people, not necessarily for being 100% real. The man did make it through SAS selection, and did climb Mount Everest. Besides, anyone that can slowly eat some of the gross shit he has, describing it as he munches and then drive on with a smile afterwards is good to go in my book!
    Last edited by panzerr; 11-16-09 at 16:22.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As much as I'm digging the pants, I'd feel like a poseur if I walked out in public with those on.

I'm with Iraq Ninja, the shirts and pants are nice but can do without his name on them.

My favorite clip is the one where he tries to get the honey from a bee hive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-aOqb0Wmmk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Wil Willis would grind Bear Grylls into paste.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 11-18-09 at 10:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ah but Bear Grylls could probably grind me into paste, so that's good enough for me. I like his TV....it's very entertaining. Not sure about the pants. He was selling cereal not long ago....nice to see he's moving up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The clothing line has been out for a year or so already, I havent been brave enough to buy them though.

Feedback Score
    Ha! The line was that [un] popular here they hardly sold and went out on special offer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Take a look at Beyondtactical.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigating Collapse View Post
    Wil Willis would grind Bear Grylls into paste.

Well I will see your Wil Willis and raise you a Chuck Norris...

They do look like paintball pants, I wonder how comfortable they are and if they hold up...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast