Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.62X39 build finished

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    "Other than Spikes and LWRC...Anyone else do a quality lower with PICTOGRAM markings?? Your build may have put me over the top to finally get a dedicated lower for the 5.45 upper. I really like the look of the color filled markings. But not a big fan of the spider logo."

I am not sure, but your not gonna go wrong with Spikes, this is my 4th Spikes lower. They offer alot of options when it comes to pictograms. I have been very happy with every one.
    Find what it is in life that you do not do well......and do not do that thing....

Feedback Score
    I did notice they will COLOR the pictograms yet leave the logo alone....probably a good plan.

FN in MT

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not to hijack this thread, but have you seen any corrosion issues shooting your 5.45?

Quote Originally Posted by FN in MT View Post
    "Now we need some 7.62x39 P-Mags".

Lets go for broke... some 5.45x39 P-Mags as well!!

If You like your 7.62 build...try the 5.45x39. My S&W upper is now PERMANENTLY wed to a Colt lower. And for ELEVEN cents per rd...it's become my favorite AR plinker.

Other than Spikes and LWRC...Anyone else do a quality lower with PICTOGRAM markings?? Your build may have put me over the top to finally get a dedicated lower for the 5.45 upper. I really like the look of the color filled markings. But not a big fan of the spider logo.

FN in MT

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    I love versatility. I too have a gazillion old Colt 7.62x39 Heck, I even have a Colt 20" upper/barrel. I went as far as having an MGI lower with interchangable magwell and an AR47 to take real AK mags. I still come back down to 5.56 - cant help it, but I like toys and having lots of choices
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Bubba04,

YMMV...the following opinions come from a guy living in the fairly dry American West. Our normal RH seldom runs avbove 50%..generally far lower. Especially in the summer months. So a guy shooting the same ammo in FL or NJ may have different results.

My old Colt Sporter has digested thousands of rds of 7.62x39 over the past fifteen years. Much of it was $70 a can Russian and Chinese ammo. I always tried to clean it thoroughly IF it was fairly humid or it was going to be idle for a period of time. Otherwise I shot the hell out of it....sprayed the BCG down with CLP, douched the bore with some water, ran a good squirt of CLP down the bore, then swabbed it out. Total time spent; two minutes.....or less. Thorough cleanings did take some time and elbow grease though.

Now I've discovered BALLISTOL. After shooting the AK's or the 5.45 AR I spray a stream of HOT water mixed with 10-15 per cent of BALLISTOL liquid. Swab the bore several times, spray the BCG with the same solution, then spray the bore and BCG with ballistol and let it dry. Later on...wipe it down, lube and put the gun back together. Doesn't take a lot of time...and so far ZERO rust or corrosion.

Again...every big range session or every few months I do a though detail cleaning.

Corrosive ammo clean up isn't voodoo ....but ballistol makes it a lot easier.

FN in MT

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpittinger View Post
    I got 10 of the CP mags, ran 600 rds yesterday in about 2 hours and not one problem, the mags work great. Now we just need some 7.63x39 PMAGS???
    ASC are garbage. I'll do a thread about them after I warranty the latest batch of crap they sent me to replace the original junk I bought from 2 different sellers.

I just ordered some more CP Defense to bump me up over 30 mags total for my 2 AR47's. Both of mine are PSA's. Both have standard 3.0 AR buffers I have an H3 to try. Last week we did a close up video to see if I was getting any bolt bounce. None. However I wasn't doing any rapid fire.

Tula has reproduced the 8M3 ammo. Very devastating round. I wonder how the piggies would like it? I am looking forward to hunting with mine. Furthest out so far is 60yds with a $21 red dot and got 3 shots to touch off a wobbly 2x6 carpeted rest.

Purdy little whacker you've got there!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    ASC are garbage. I'll do a thread about them after I warranty the latest batch of crap they sent me to replace the original junk I bought from 2 different sellers.

I just ordered some more CP Defense to bump me up over 30 mags total for my 2 AR47's. Both of mine are PSA's. Both have standard 3.0 AR buffers I have an H3 to try. Last week we did a close up video to see if I was getting any bolt bounce. None. However I wasn't doing any rapid fire.

Tula has reproduced the 8M3 ammo. Very devastating round. I wonder how the piggies would like it? I am looking forward to hunting with mine. Furthest out so far is 60yds with a $21 red dot and got 3 shots to touch off a wobbly 2x6 carpeted rest.

Is this a record? 8 years, 4 months, and 9 days?

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Is this a record? 8 years, 4 months, and 9 days?
    As a newbie I did the honorable thing and used the search function. I forget maybe only 5 threads showed up? That is a sweet looking rig.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post

Answer: They don't!

It's my go to hog round and I've tried everything under the sun over the years. I'll be using it during rifle season on deer next year as well. I'd say 75 yards is the average distance we shoot at for hogs and coyotes with thermal it's amazing how close you can get in the dark. It's outrageously inexpensive to shoot, can be built up quite light and delivers all the punch we need. I put down a roughly 200-215 lb pound sow packed with piglets at 185 yards a couple of weeks ago double lung took a few steps and crumbled. Tula 154g SPs and Wolf 125g SPs whatever is on sale is what I hunt with really like my x39 a lot. There are a lot of companies still struggling to make them reliable that's for sure, but there are also several that are making them right. I run CProducts also. Had some ASC's those were brutal I gave them away.
    Last edited by sasquatchoslav; 03-28-18 at 06:42.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Jeez guys, you only had to wait another week or less.

I just cranked down the barrel nut on my 16" 7.62x39 Piston Upper.

Put about 100 rounds down through the pipe and it's functioning damn well.

More to come in the next few days. Just working on figuring out a handguard. I will probably have to modify a PKMR. But, I want something other than the basic carbine guards.

Oh, yes, this is gotta be close to a record for Necroposting this poor poor thread.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 03-28-18 at 09:48.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast