Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.62X39 build finished

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Jeez guys, you only had to wait another week or less.

I just cranked down the barrel nut on my 16" 7.62x39 Piston Upper.

Put about 100 rounds down through the pipe and it's functioning damn well.

More to come in the next few days. Just working on figuring out a handguard. I will probably have to modify a PKMR. But, I want something other than the basic carbine guards.

Oh, yes, this is gotta be close to a record for Necroposting this poor poor thread.
    Custom build? I thought about building one up, but went with Primary Weapons Systems it runs like a beast and I'm not particularly kind to it. Enjoy building rifles though if you did a custom I'd like to hear your parts list if you don't mind please.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchoslav View Post
    Custom build? I thought about building one up, but went with Primary Weapons Systems it runs like a beast and I'm not particularly kind to it. Enjoy building rifles though if you did a custom I'd like to hear your parts list if you don't mind please.
    Definitely is a Custom Build. Nothing Fancy, it was meant to be under the cost of a mid level AK. So, it's not a super impressive list.

I already have most of it typed up, just working on adding some decent pictures.

Nonetheless, I will be posting it on the Custom Build side of things in the next few days, give or take, which will include a full detailed parts list and descriptions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Definitely is a Custom Build. Nothing Fancy, it was meant to be under the cost of a mid level AK. So, it's not a super impressive list.

I already have most of it typed up, just working on adding some decent pictures.

Nonetheless, I will be posting it on the Custom Build side of things in the next few days, give or take, which will include a full detailed parts list and descriptions.
    Outstanding thanks I may build up an x39 as a project funsy looking forward to seeing your piston specs and all. Thanks

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    I really like the floating PSA handguard on one of mine. It's probably Midwest Industries. MLOK pics later when I get home.

Feedback Score
    Not seeing an option to down load pics on my phone. Working on it!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    close up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As I don't like having my word fall short, rest assured, I am a man of my words.

I ran into issues with the quad rail I was going to use. It didn't fit without massive modification. So, instead, I modified a handguard cap to fit the piston system and have a BCM PKMR on it's way to me.

Once I have that on it, supposing theres no issues, will be soon.

I just felt bad hyping it up and not posting yet

Feedback Score
    What bolt are you guys using on the builds? I’ve heard the normal x39 bolts have very thin walls fhat are a failure point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleducky View Post
    What bolt are you guys using on the builds? I’ve heard the normal x39 bolts have very thin walls fhat are a failure point.
    Look at the pics here. These are the thick wall, fat lug ones I buy. A have one waiting for a 10.5" upper from Alpha Shooting Sports.

https://youngmanufacturing.net/produ...olt-7-62-x-39/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast