G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: 7.62X39 build finished

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    212
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Jeez guys, you only had to wait another week or less.

    I just cranked down the barrel nut on my 16" 7.62x39 Piston Upper.

    Put about 100 rounds down through the pipe and it's functioning damn well.

    More to come in the next few days. Just working on figuring out a handguard. I will probably have to modify a PKMR. But, I want something other than the basic carbine guards.

    Oh, yes, this is gotta be close to a record for Necroposting this poor poor thread.
    Custom build? I thought about building one up, but went with Primary Weapons Systems it runs like a beast and I'm not particularly kind to it. Enjoy building rifles though if you did a custom I'd like to hear your parts list if you don't mind please.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Oh, Dah Nord Minnersoda.
    Posts
    1,270
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchoslav View Post
    Custom build? I thought about building one up, but went with Primary Weapons Systems it runs like a beast and I'm not particularly kind to it. Enjoy building rifles though if you did a custom I'd like to hear your parts list if you don't mind please.
    Definitely is a Custom Build. Nothing Fancy, it was meant to be under the cost of a mid level AK. So, it's not a super impressive list.

    I already have most of it typed up, just working on adding some decent pictures.

    Nonetheless, I will be posting it on the Custom Build side of things in the next few days, give or take, which will include a full detailed parts list and descriptions.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    212
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Definitely is a Custom Build. Nothing Fancy, it was meant to be under the cost of a mid level AK. So, it's not a super impressive list.

    I already have most of it typed up, just working on adding some decent pictures.

    Nonetheless, I will be posting it on the Custom Build side of things in the next few days, give or take, which will include a full detailed parts list and descriptions.
    Outstanding thanks I may build up an x39 as a project funsy looking forward to seeing your piston specs and all. Thanks

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Posts
    154
    Feedback Score
    0
    I really like the floating PSA handguard on one of mine. It's probably Midwest Industries. MLOK pics later when I get home.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Posts
    154
    Feedback Score
    0
    Not seeing an option to down load pics on my phone. Working on it!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Posts
    154
    Feedback Score
    0

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Posts
    154
    Feedback Score
    0
    close up
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Oh, Dah Nord Minnersoda.
    Posts
    1,270
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As I don't like having my word fall short, rest assured, I am a man of my words.

    I ran into issues with the quad rail I was going to use. It didn't fit without massive modification. So, instead, I modified a handguard cap to fit the piston system and have a BCM PKMR on it's way to me.

    Once I have that on it, supposing theres no issues, will be soon.

    I just felt bad hyping it up and not posting yet

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    What bolt are you guys using on the builds? Iíve heard the normal x39 bolts have very thin walls fhat are a failure point.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Posts
    154
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleducky View Post
    What bolt are you guys using on the builds? Iíve heard the normal x39 bolts have very thin walls fhat are a failure point.
    Look at the pics here. These are the thick wall, fat lug ones I buy. A have one waiting for a 10.5" upper from Alpha Shooting Sports.

    https://youngmanufacturing.net/produ...olt-7-62-x-39/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •