Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody going to buy the Palin book?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm curious to all the Palin hate also. Why the hate? What did I miss that she has done? And who would you recommend for the Republicans to run in 2012?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    I'm curious to all the Palin hate also. Why the hate? What did I miss that she has done? And who would you recommend for the Republicans to run in 2012?
    Personally I don't have any hatred for Palin. I think the way she has been treated by the national media is one of the worst lapses of objectivity and even basic ethics in the history of journalism...and that's saying something.

That being said, I'm not convinced she's the reincarnation of Reagan. If she turns out to be The Gippette, that would be awesome...but so far I don't see it.

I don't revel in insulting her intelligence or her family like a bunch of dunderheads who want to make themselves look smart...but at the same time I don't see how she's the conservative messiah. I'd sure as hell vote for her over anybody running the show right now, but I'm hoping she either grows on me or we get a better option before 2012.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    I don't necessarily hate her, I just think it was a bad move for her to quit as governor. You sign up for something, you see it out. Period. What is she going to do if she is elected President? Quit when she is feeling pressured?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Personally I don't have any hatred for Palin. I think the way she has been treated by the national media is one of the worst lapses of objectivity and even basic ethics in the history of journalism...and that's saying something.

That being said, I'm not convinced she's the reincarnation of Reagan. If she turns out to be The Gippette, that would be awesome...but so far I don't see it.

I don't revel in insulting her intelligence or her family like a bunch of dunderheads who want to make themselves look smart...but at the same time I don't see how she's the conservative messiah. I'd sure as hell vote for her over anybody running the show right now, but I'm hoping she either grows on me or we get a better option before 2012.

Current GOP leadership is still stuck in RINO mode. Maybe another failed bid will wake them up.

The way I see it is the only way to fix issues NOW is to reverse course. We need to drop the huge financial obligations we are stuck with at the moment. Anything less, and we are just slowing our our demise not preventing it. I posted a different thread that our debt just got over 12 trillion. There is no way we can continue this. Not even for 10 more years.

This is why I refuse to vote for another RINO. They are not going to address this issue. Its going to be typical DC politics of spending China's money, and further burdening our country with debt and more social programs. Mitt Romney? Another big government anti-gun politician.

I do like Palin because she does not fit this mold, and I believe she is more in tune with the average Joe out there than 99.9% of politicians. I am sure there are a few more out there but where are they? Who is really on the attack? She is the only one. Our actual elected officials are near mutes and stuck on RINO.

This opinion may be in the minority but so be it. Its the only way to ensure long term American stability, fiscal responsibility, and a recognition of our rights. If she does run, and loses to Obama so be it. At least she tried on the RIGHT values. Romney and the other RINO's do not have the right values to turn the beacon back on that is America. Our founding fathers did not win by compromising with the Loyalists. They took the fight to them, and won their freedom back.

Unless a 'better' conservative comes along I hope some of you haters will at least support her instead of another McCain type who can't decide if he is an R or a D on any given day (mostly D). Voting for that type is not going to fix anything in this country. The issues may stagnate but they are still there getting worse by the day.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    I don't necessarily hate her, I just think it was a bad move for her to quit as governor. You sign up for something, you see it out. Period. What is she going to do if she is elected President? Quit when she is feeling pressured?

Lots of politicians resign to pursue other goals. She is not the first nor the last, and they didn't get near the shit she has over it. I didn't see a word about the numerous politicians that quit their post to go work for Obama....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not only am I going to buy and read her book I am going to buy several copies to give out as Christmas gifts. I don't know how great a President she would make or if I would even vote for her(actually didn't know she was running)but I do know that she would be a damn sight better than the one we have now.

I also don't understand the blatant hate and disrespect shown her, well I guess I really do considering some of the sources. I will also add that if George W William Jefferson and Barack Hussein MMM MMM MMM can be president she certainly could be. As to why she quit her job as Governor of Alaska, simple she needs to make some serious money to pay off her legal fees due to frivolous law suits filed by other haters.

Hell if things continue on the course they are on now this country won't even be able to afford elections.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Like Palin or hate her, she's become the Hillary Clinton of the Republican Party...not a good way to win an election.

I don't hate Palin and while I agree that the media treatment of her was sexist and clearly biased she's still not qualified to be President, let alone some spokesman for modern conservatism. She's an intellectual lightweight who has no substantive policy credentials let alone pragmatism - abandoning her governorship torpedoed her viability.

The problem isn't "RINOs" as no party has a monopoly on truth, the real problem is Conservatives in Name only. I don't know that RINOs like Olympia Snowe have ever claimed to be a stalwart conservative since that's a recipe for defeat in her state. First rule of politics is get elected/reelected - Party line be damned.

Extrapolating this basic tenet neither Conservatism nor Republicans will be relevant if they can't get elected and Sarah Palin won't help them do that beyond the bible belt.

Sorry to break it to you.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    I'm going to buy her book. I'd also vote for her in a heartbeat.

I think that those who doubt her intellect, have been duped by the left wing media. The left wing media absolutely raked her and her family over the coals, and did everything they could to destroy her. Of course they made her look like an idiot with the way the interviews were conducted and edited. She was probably a little naive in thinking they would be fair, and trusted them when she should not have. She's not what they made her out to be IMHO. I also think the McCain campaign didn't do her any favors by not letting her be herself.

Do I think she's electable? Not right now. Unfortunatley, too many people believe the image that was created by her enemies. I hope she can show America that she's not as she was portrayed.

Who would be the dream ticked for conservatives?
    Last edited by crob1; 11-17-09 at 21:40.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crob1 View Post
    I think that those who doubt her intellect, have been duped by the left wing media.
    Uhm, no.

That's a convenient narrative for her supporters but is as false as the leftwing narrative of "caribou barbie." It's not an "either/or" proposition.

Her family was clearly treated unfairly, but she had no business being placed in the spotlight.

That she resigned her position as governor shredded whatever credibility she had. That was a self-inflicted wound.

You lead by leading...not by behaving like yet another celebrity-hungry, balloon-boy wannabe diva.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Insult Palin however you like, but I sincerely doubt she'd be pushing to give Khalid Sheik Mohammed a jury trial in NYC.

As I said, I don't see the conservative messiah when I look at her...but on her worst day she'd make more sensible decisions than that ****ing moron we've got in the big chair right now.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast