Thread: Need help with an Armalite AR-10 build.

Feedback Score

Need help with an Armalite AR-10 build.

I purchased a SASS upper from armalite last year during one of their holliday sales events. Anyway I want to buy a lower for it. At one time I thought I saw a lower form some company that used armalite mags as well as some other type of 308/7.62 mag, for more choices in magazines. For the life of me I can't remember from what company though.

Please advise.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I think you are thinking of the CMMG trio of lowers that individually take HK G3 mags, SR-25/AR-10A mags or AR-10B mags.

I do not know of any company who makes a lower that interfaces with an ArmaLite upper, that will take more than one type of mag.

For your upper, you'll need to get an ArmaLite AR-10, Eagle Arms AR-10, Noveske N6, or Aero Precision. I do not believe the CMMG's are available yet.

Feedback Score
    Ok I must have been mistaken. Thanks for the clarification.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeCutter View Post
    Ok I must have been mistaken. Thanks for the clarification.
    Not necessarily, it could just be something that hasn't really "blown up" yet. To be honest, I haven't found the need to search out different mag compatibilities because the ArmaLite Gen II mags are excellent.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Iron Ridge also makes an Armalite compatable lower. Don't know about their production status though. Takes Armalilte mags of course.