Thread: Magazine Issues

Feedback Score

Magazine Issues

All,

I have a good quantity of C-Products mags. Of the three that I have actually used, they have ran fine in all but one of my lowers. I can not figure out what's going on. Typically the cartridge is nose up between the bolt and feed ramps when it gives me issues, but only on one specific lower, the rest of my lowers work fine with these mags, and the lower in question runs fine with every other make of mag that I have on hand. Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Are you running the same upper on the different lowers are do you have different complete weapons? May not be a lower problem.

I've also found a good way to test mags is to load 2 rounds in each mag and fire. This ensures that it cycles and locks open on the last round.

Mags are cheap; if you have one that won't run toss it.

Feedback Score
    I'm running complete rifles. I'm going to play with it a bit this weekend and see if I can't get something figured out.

Feedback Score
    I would toss it. You could mark it very well and use it only for a range mag but according to Murphy's law, the one time your life depends on it the mag you grab will be the one that doesn't work in that weapon.

Where do you shoot in the FT Worth area?

Dave

Feedback Score
    C-Products will replace defective magazines. Get a replacement don't chuck it.

It isn't worth your time to troubleshoot a bad mag.
    Suspicion Breeds Confidence

Feedback Score
    Dave,

I live in the Keller Area.

tikkafan,

I can't really call the mags defective because they work in both of the other rifles that I have.