Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your "diet"?

Feedback Score

Quick Zone Diet Plans

I started out with this free quick start guide provided by the folks over at CrossFit HQ.

ZONE Meal Plans

Feedback Score
    I try to eat Paleo with the addition of milk.

I have a lot of zone recipes I use but I'm a pretty lean guy as is and wasn't seeing a lot of strict zoning.
    The important part for me is to eat clean. I work nights and the added energy is noticeable.

and what would my post be without a quick recipe?

5 block smoothie:
    1 oz protein powder
    1/2 cup plain yogurt
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup grape juice
    5 tsp almonds
    1 cup mixed berries (I use 6-8 frozen strawberries from Costco)
    Last edited by Cascades236; 12-05-09 at 02:03.

Feedback Score
    Im trying the paleo and really like it so far. There are some paleo forums out there as well to help you out. I like it some dont

Feedback Score
    whats your definition of "eating clean"?

Feedback Score
    I've been eating paleo recently. I have been happy with the results so far. I found myself feeling full but not satisfied for a week or so, but I've adjusted to it now. I feel much better all around. I don't have the discipline or interest at this point in life to measure and weigh out food and I don't really see it happening, plus I like to eat more than the Zone allows - no calorie restriction for me.

Feedback Score
    I just started the Warrior diet a little over a week into it. My energy level went up right away which is the reason I started it. Its basicly one meal a day usally at night but you can snack on fruit and veg. during the day.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Derek,

Why no milk?

Its loaded with casein protein.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Derek,

Why no milk?

Its loaded with casein protein.

good amount of casein, with a high amount of un-needed sugar for my needs.

While it has a low glycemic load all together, I'd rather just have water. With the avoidance of grains, and cereal in general, I do not see a need for milk, in my diet.

If I need milk, I have been sticking to small amounts of almond milk, and copious amounts of coconut milk.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Roger that man. Makes sense.

Ive heard great things about almond milk, tastes pretty damned good too!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    for those doing the paleo thing, what are you doing for breakfast? I've been eating the hell out of eggs and bacon, but I'm getting bored of that and also have concerns about all the cholesterol.

On a side note...

I want to stress that I still eat food that I enjoy and that tastes good. I think that one of the problems a lot of folks encounter when trying to eat "well" is that they take all the enjoyment out of eating. If I ever thought I needed to do the whole "8 egg whites for breakfast, plain chicken breasts every other meal, and lots of vegetables" diet I'd slit my own ****ing throat as frankly life wouldn't be worth living to me if I couldn't eat good food.

It's about making choices and eating healthy, but good tasting, food instead of pure crap. Have water or (certain) fruit juices instead of a soda, have an apple or a banana, or even some yogurt, instead of cereal, etc. For awhile I was eating a lot of granola and yogurt and it tasted just as good as cereal and milk to me but has a lot more redeeming qualities to it (and it's more filling to boot).

You have to find that balance between good tasting and good for you, and make good choices.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast