Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your "diet"?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Anyone on the "warrior" diet?

Seems really interesting as its pretty much the opposite of what every major nutritionist and modern dietitian is suggesting.

Feedback Score

more info

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post

Seems really interesting as its pretty much the opposite of what every major nutritionist and modern dietitian is suggesting.

Thats because they are full of shit and don't have a clue. Ill eat what the guy who use to chase down Dinosaurs and kill them compared to the fat bodies of todays average male any day. Wii fit eh, LMFAO

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by extsieg View Post
    Thats because they are full of shit and don't have a clue. Ill eat what the guy who use to chase down Dinosaurs and kill them compared to the fat bodies of todays average male any day. Wii fit eh, LMFAO
    Im just curious about the science behind the whole experience. Seems a little weird that the major selling points of the diet are contradictory to everything else thats "popular" in the dieting circles.

1. Anti small meal/4-6 meals a day.
    2. Pro fasting
    3. Zero emphasis on meal timing, encourages the user to gorge/binge eat.
    4. Calorie counting and macronutrient consumption seems less important.

Its certainly interesting but im afraid to try it for fear of throwing my current lifestyle change out of whack.

I gained the amount of weight i gained mostly because it seemed as though i was on some variation of the warrior diet. No breakfast, small lunch and then a huge dinner. Sure, i was leading a sedentary lifestyle at the time but even with weight training, a conscious effort to eat well and a bit of dedication towards ensuring im eating enough protein, carbs and fat i still find it hard to shed unwanted weight.

Anyone else have any opinions backed by personal experience in regards to the diet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    Whats the quickest source of the healthy fat, nuts?
    Raw almonds are good, but easy to eat a lot of.

Feedback Score
    Im just curious about the science behind the whole experience. Seems a little weird that the major selling points of the diet are contradictory to everything else thats "popular" in the dieting circles.

1. Anti small meal/4-6 meals a day.
    2. Pro fasting
    3. Zero emphasis on meal timing, encourages the user to gorge/binge eat.
    4. Calorie counting and macronutrient consumption seems less important.

Its certainly interesting but im afraid to try it for fear of throwing my current lifestyle change out of whack.

I gained the amount of weight i gained mostly because it seemed as though i was on some variation of the warrior diet. No breakfast, small lunch and then a huge dinner. Sure, i was leading a sedentary lifestyle at the time but even with weight training, a conscious effort to eat well and a bit of dedication towards ensuring im eating enough protein, carbs and fat i still find it hard to shed unwanted weight.

Anyone else have any opinions backed by personal experience in regards to the diet?
    I did that for a little while. drank a lot of juiced vegetables and raw almonds during the day with a big meal for dinner. I didn't do it for too long, I like to have some real food in me during the day. juicing and eating raw almonds is still a good practice though.

Feedback Score

I just started this diet about 3 weeks ago. So far I really like it and my energy level went up alot which is why I went on this diet.

Feedback Score
    About three months ago, I started a traditional diet/workout program consisting of several small meals with a mix of protein and carbs coupled with weight training and cardio 6 days a week. So far, I've lost 30 pounds and dropped about 10% BMI. I'm far from an expert but I really think that while the "regular" diets may work for most people, nothing works the same for everybody. So far, the one I'm on works for me but that may change in the future.

Feedback Score
    I'm starting a combination of "Stop, Eat, Stop" with semi-paleolithic diet. This completes first week of nutrition mods, no visible results and I don't use overall weight as a fitness metric.

Feedback Score

Yes, for some years now. With the allowed mods to account for the early AM workouts which the author's original version didn't really provide for.

On it, I can't maintain quite as much muscle mass as when lifting and pigging out but I've got a medium frame that has never really wanted to carry a lot of muscle anyway. But now at age 52, at 5'11 and 165-170 I'm very lean and yet can manage 10 chins with a 50lb dumbell. I think this approach makes a lot of sense per the origintor's arguments.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I agree that cutting out soda is a great way to start, but it also gets used as an excuse for making up for it in other ways. Hence the 300 lb fatbodies you see loading up at McDonalds and then topping it off with a "diet soda".
    People always laugh at this. But the truth is you just don't understand. They aren't drinking the diet soda to make up for it in other ways. They drink the diet soda, because they like it.

I have drank Diet soda for probably the last 15 years. I cannot go back to regular soda if I wanted to. I cannot stand the taste of regular soda anymore. It is just too damned sweet. So yes I am one of those people that you will see at a fast food joint always ordering a diet. Although I'm not fat. I do always order a diet soda.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast