Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free training Course for Texas M4C members

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Sounds like a great class. You should take it on the road sometime.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    Well, if anyone else wants to stop by, here is the location:

Cypress Creek Fire Station #24
    12070 Perry Rd

It will be going on from 1 till 5, so feel free to stop by anytime.
    John:

As usual the training was unique, pioneering, subtle and exceedingly informative!

*applause*

Great to have you home bro!

MB
    MAST Solutions
    http://www.mastsolutions.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Matt,

It was interesting trying to teach this stuff to average civilians.

The movement drills inside the vehicle were physically demanding to say the least, in terms of flexibility and natural movement. People need to do more yoga

As I tried to stress throughout the class, a non armored vehicle is not something you want to fight from. They are bullet magnets, and offer very little real protection at all. Thus, the majority of the training was geared on how to ditch the car and get out to a safer location.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAST Solutions View Post
    John:

As usual the training was unique, pioneering, subtle and exceedingly informative!

*applause*

Great to have you home bro!
    Agreed. AAR inbound sometime tomorrow when I get the chance. Thank both of you very much for opening it up to the folks here at M4C, I'm looking forward to getting into a pistol course with you guys soon(or a shotgun class if there's one coming up and I get my 870 running again.)

Matt, good to see you post here...you should stop by more often and keep us Houston area folks in the loop as to what courses are happening.

BTW...despite being lessons learned in a war zone, there was much that can and should be applied to daily life/driving. I'd never even considered efficiently getting in or out. Then again, maybe it's time to go balls out and turn my Element into an armored war wagon...complete with quality door latches.

ETA: IraqNinja, what bag was your vehicle medical kit in?
    Last edited by thopkins22; 11-23-09 at 22:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    AAR inbound sometime tomorrow when I get the chance. Thank both of you very much for opening it up to the folks here at M4C.

BTW...despite being lessons learned in a war zone, there was much that can and should be applied to daily life/driving. I'd never even considered efficiently getting in or out. Then again, maybe it's time to go balls out and turn my Element into an armored war wagon...complete with quality door latches.
    My workload and the holiday are gonna prevent me from posting til this weekend. So as not to steal your thunder, I will just add my thoughts and takeaways to your post. It was good meeting you both and I look forward to more training opportunities and future get togethers.

Regards,
    Scott

Feedback Score
    Having taken 2 handgun courses and private carbine instruction from MAST, I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone in Houston or the surrounding area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mseanmc View Post
    Having taken 2 handgun courses and private carbine instruction from MAST, I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone in Houston or the surrounding area.
    mseanmc:

Thanks for the note. This weekend at Baytown PD we have a 0-to100m Op class!

Hope to see you again and be safe bro-

MB
    MAST Solutions
    http://www.mastsolutions.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12