Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the FN Scar here to stay? + Other Scar Questions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post

Can someone from FN explain why they aren't selling the -H to civilians? It would spank any of the other 7.62s available to us now, and I bet they would sell a shitload of them.
    SCAR-H is in 2010.

As to what is taking so long, I'm guessing its a combo of meeting SCAR-L production goals and the fact that the SCAR-H is apparently popular in SOCOM.

Or at least that is what it seems like from every photo I've seen of the SCAR in theater. It's usually an SCAR-H model
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    I thought the only reason for not painting the top of the mags is the thick paint will scrape off in the magwell ? So the price and the paint thing is what folks dont like about the Scar ? I love mine and look forward to picking up the .308 version.
    No, I was laughing at only painting half of the mag. Seems like a fine weapon to me but I don't like it enough to buy one.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Gotm4, I think there is a good chance that those won't drop free from SCAR.
    I've got a bitchin' set of tools and access to even more whenever I need. I'm confident I can get them drop free. Mine will also become an SBR by me on a Form 1 or manufactured into an SBR by W.A.R. Rifles and then transferred to me on a Form 4 we'll be shortening the factory barrel to retain the superior accuracy and long life of the FN barrel.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    i DO NOT CARE
    Last edited by 7.62NATO; 05-23-14 at 22:53.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I've got a bitchin' set of tools and access to even more whenever I need. I'm confident I can get them drop free.
    Keep us posted how it comes out; I wonder if you'd have to work on magwell, rather than mags. I've dremeled the crap out of a recent FDE ARC mag, to the point of mag being unusable, and still couldn't get it to drop.

Mine will also become an SBR by me on a Form 1 or manufactured into an SBR by W.A.R. Rifles and then transferred to me on a Form 4 we'll be shortening the factory barrel to retain the superior accuracy and long life of the FN barrel.
    Post pics when you're done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. It's funny how a bunch of disciplined folks become "giggly and financially irresponsible" when an interesting fire arm comes along.
    Add me to this group as well... I like the 5.56 version but I'm really excited about the Heavy model...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    I've got a bitchin' set of tools and access to even more whenever I need. I'm confident I can get them drop free. Mine will also become an SBR by me on a Form 1 or manufactured into an SBR by W.A.R. Rifles and then transferred to me on a Form 4 we'll be shortening the factory barrel to retain the superior accuracy and long life of the FN barrel.
    I'd like pics of that ASAP. I want to SBR my SCAR, but I dont want to hack the barrel. I'm hoping for a factory SBR barrel, or for FN to work with CMMG to get it done.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The Scar-H or the 417 is the only gun I can realistically see making me break out the CC in the next few years.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    I'd like pics of that ASAP. I want to SBR my SCAR, but I dont want to hack the barrel. I'm hoping for a factory SBR barrel, or for FN to work with CMMG to get it done.

The barrel on a SCAR uses an insert in the gas port that will make it work for the specific barrel length it's pressed in for.

That's not something that should probably be messed with unless it's done at an FN armory level.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62NATO View Post
    This begs the question, when will the 7.62 Pmag be available?

And given the popularity of AKs, why not design and manufacture an AK Pmag to give the circle 10s a run for the money.
    The 7.62 PMAG-LR will not function in the SCAR-H, but SOCOM is looking for a better solution than the current-issue steel magazines, so hopefully we'll have a chance to address this issue.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast