Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aar: Eag Carbine, Brady, Tx

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Aar: Eag Carbine, Brady, Tx

Well, it was another GREAT class at Brady last weekend! A BIG "thanks" goes to Pat Rogers, Mike H., and all the students who helped make this class a really great time and great training for all. Everybody was really switched on.

Pat can confirm that there were the usual problems with equipment - worn springs, EOTech battery box issues, etc. But everybody was taken care of by either replacing or fixing what was malfunctioning, due to the extensive "goodie box" maintained by both Pat and Mike.

An extra big THANKS goes out to EAG's sponsors - Larue, Viking Tactics, TangoDown, Woolrich Elite, S&B and TruckVault. Larue is hooking me up with a new Aimpoint to fill the empty Larue Aimpoint mount I brought home as a "gimme".

The most valuable things I took away from this and last year's classes are shooting positions like SBU, supine, and urban prone, shooting toward the strong side while moving laterally toward the weak side, realistic cleaning and lube methods, what equipment works and what is crap, and a good method for clearing malfunctions. Simply being on the range for 8 hours a day and running 1200-1300 rds through a carbine in 3 days has given me a new perspective on what works and what doesn't in regards to equipment, gear, and skillsets.

If anybody else who was there has any comments, suggestions, photos, etc - fire away!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Not to hijack your thread, but do you have any idea how long a drive it really is to Brady from DFW? Seems like the Brady classes are about as close to southern OK as it gets.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm guessing it's about 2.5 hours or so from Dallas. We had several guys from Oklahoma at this class... They said it was a LOT closer than Indiana.

Feedback Score
    Yup, this was another great one in Brady, and many kudos to you for the work in setting it up!

Feedback Score
    It's four hours from Dallas to Brady driving legally and sanely...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ashooter View Post
    We had several guys from Oklahoma at this class... They said it was a LOT closer than Indiana.
    That is the truth! This was a great class. I enjoyed meeting the folks from Texas and sampling the BBQ as well.

Feedback Score
    Chad- I think that the Hard 8 should have achieved some type of legend status just for haaving us in there.
    BTW- great images of your guys wallowing in cow poop during aysmetrical prone. Someone said that this is an OK pastime??
    (They'll be on the Alumni site tonight/ tomorrow. I know you are waiting with bated breath )

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    Chad- I think that the Hard 8 should have achieved some type of legend status just for haaving us in there.
    BTW- great images of your guys wallowing in cow poop during aysmetrical prone. Someone said that this is an OK pastime??
    (They'll be on the Alumni site tonight/ tomorrow. I know you are waiting with bated breath )
    Cow-Patty Prone
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    Great minds think alike Aubrey!
    I have several images that are similar!!
    Of course, certain people have an eye for such things....
    He was sitting with the OK guys at the Hard 8, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast