Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marlin 1895

Feedback Score

Marlin 1895

We would like to show some of the work that we do on lever action marlins. The guns in the pics are 16.5 inch guns from the factory however we do cut down marlins from time to time. We go thru the guns inside thy levee a little to be desired from the factory thy just are not finished. We dehorn the body and polish all the internals so the guns feel and function the way that thy shoed. Then we do sight work we use steel peep rear and front post sight. The guns are made for hard use so they must be over built just a little. Then we go to optics we use a scout rail on the guns and a lot of aim points. The T1 and H1 work very well for this application you can even get a light on an offset mount on the guns. Which is what brings me to post this when we travel up north this is the rifle that we take most often. More than one time we have had to travel in states were black rifles are not allowed. The fact of the matter is that nobody thinks that a lever gun will be used to defend one’s life so those in the politely correct states don’t think a thing of lever gun. When you put there stopping power and versatility up against most platforms thy do just fine for then selves. They are very thin and short carbines so they lend then selves to fighting guns if you know your history that was their first job.

Now for some before pics

After

The whole gun is bead blasted to cut down on glare and it just looks very clean.

WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    5510 Fern Valley RD. STE102
    Louisville KY. 40228
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I was just talking with Dave Pennington about something like this a few weeks ago.

Make a great PC truck rifle that should be acceptable in all 50 states.

Looks good!

I think a Marlin 1894 with a 16" barrel in .44 mag with an Aimpoint T-1 on it would be pretty cool.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    ...Make a great PC truck rifle that should be acceptable in all 50 states.

Looks good!

I think a Marlin 1894 with a 16" barrel in .44 mag with an Aimpoint T-1 on it would be pretty cool.

Absolutely!!
    I have more Marlin lever actions than any other type of firearm (followed closely by 1911's) . A 16 or 18" 30-30 is a thing of beauty also.

An 18" 45-70 is almost too much gun for me, especially loaded hot (400 gr bullet at 1800-2000 fps)

Very nice 1985, Mr. Smith.
    Last edited by David Thomas; 11-24-09 at 16:27.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    We would like to show some of the work that we do on lever action marlins. The guns in the pics are 16.5 inch guns from the factory however we do cut down marlins from time to time. We go thru the guns inside thy levee a little to be desired from the factory thy just are not finished. We dehorn the body and polish all the internals so the guns feel and function the way that thy shoed. Then we do sight work we use steel peep rear and front post sight. The guns are made for hard use so they must be over built just a little. Then we go to optics we use a scout rail on the guns and a lot of aim points. The T1 and H1 work very well for this application you can even get a light on an offset mount on the guns. Which is what brings me to post this when we travel up north this is the rifle that we take most often. More than one time we have had to travel in states were black rifles are not allowed. The fact of the matter is that nobody thinks that a lever gun will be used to defend one’s life so those in the politely correct states don’t think a thing of lever gun. When you put there stopping power and versatility up against most platforms thy do just fine for then selves. They are very thin and short carbines so they lend then selves to fighting guns if you know your history that was their first job.

Louisville KY. 40228
    502-365-2244
    We need to talk - I've been considering having a straight-gripped stainless 336 in 30-30 with a 16.25" tube and an XS Scout rail built.

You're website is down, BTW.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 11-24-09 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have had the itch for a properly set up 1895. I havent been able to find a 16.5 incher.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'm having a 20" built by Grizzly Customs (Lew Bonitz) that will be hard-chromed. I also have a .45-70 they did for me (well Yobo did) that is Black T'd. while the T1 would be awesome, I chose not to put a rail on the 44 mag. I like the slim profile of the gun sans optics.

It makes a serious amount of firepower in a fairly benign looking package. Going to get partnered with a 3" S&W 44 mag and some nice leather eventually.

Feedback Score
    I was just talking with Dave Pennington about something like this a few weeks ago.

Looks good!

Hello Templar

Thank you. Nice to hear from you have not talked to you since Robs class how are you.

WWW.superiorfirearmsllc.com

Louisville KY. 40228
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David Thomas View Post
    Absolutely!!
    I have more Marlin lever actions than any other type of firearm (followed closely by 1911's) . A 16 or 18" 30-30 is a thing of beauty also.

An 18" 45-70 is almost too much gun for me, especially loaded hot (400 gr bullet at 1800-2000 fps)

Very nice 1985, Mr. Smith.
    Thank you for your post we appreciate the complement.

Louisville KY. 40228
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    We need to talk - I've been considering having a straight-gripped stainless 336 in 30-30 with a 16.25" tube and an XS Scout rail built.

You're website is down, BTW.

You can call it will be we have a 16.25 336ss with the gray and black laminated stocks in stok. if you so chose to have it thy only made 501 of the guns to start with.

Louisville KY. 40228
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I have had the itch for a properly set up 1895. I havent been able to find a 16.5 incher.
    We can make or find one for you if you would like.

Louisville KY. 40228
    502-365-2244

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast