Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which shot timer?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Which shot timer?

I'm looking to get a shot timer. I've been looking at the CED 7000 and the PACT Club Timer III. I want a loud buzzer, and something that is going to hold up. I have heard plus and minus on each, more on one model than the other. Anyone have either? Is there something else out there better? Thanks

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have both the CED 7000 and the Pact MKIV. Have ran the Club Timmer at the range as well. I prefer the CED beacause of its size and it tells me everything I want to know. Its also very easy to use by yourself do to its size. The 7000 is always in my range bag.

ToddG Guest
    I am a fan of the 7000, but as F2S pointed out, it has a rather complicated manual of arms. Once you get the hang of it there's no problem, but setting things like delay time, par time, etc. take a few more button presses than on bigger timers. The 7000 operating system is all menu driven.

Mine have turned in great battery life, but I keep two in my bag just in case... along with the AAA adapter that F2S mentioned.

Crossgun points out another benefit of the 7000. It's so small and light, it's easy to keep with you whenever you're on the range. For me, following "two is one and one is none," I need to keep a pair in the range bag whenever I teach. Two CED7000's take up less space than a box of ammo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Awesome, thanks guys. Thats the direction I has heading, going with the 7000. I'll make sure to read the TM before I head out to the range . Are they sensitive enough to hear the sound of a slide closing as a shot if timing just dry fire reloads? Thanks for the replies.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I ended up deciding on the CED8000. The one that looks like an old gameboy advance or whatever with the flip-up screen. It's quite a bit bigger than the 7000 but the nice thing is that I can clip it on and flip open the screen and use it more or less hands free, since I can read the big screen easily without taking it off my belt.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I use the CED 7000

This one here:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=759103

I like it, its small and great for practice indoor (Dry firing) and out door. Lots of features, but takes a bit of reading to figure them all out.

I keep it in my range bag too incase a timer goes down at a match.
    Last edited by Cold; 11-28-09 at 12:41.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just picked up the CED 7000 Tactical last week. It is my first shot timer and I really can't compare it with any other.

So far, however, it has worked great and I'm happy with it. It didn't seem too difficult to learn to use it. I purchased a hinged belt clip that allows me to look at the screen when shooting.
    Disclosure: I'm a dealer/owner of an online firearms accessories store.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by welchtactical View Post
    Awesome, thanks guys. Thats the direction I has heading, going with the 7000. I'll make sure to read the TM before I head out to the range . Are they sensitive enough to hear the sound of a slide closing as a shot if timing just dry fire reloads? Thanks for the replies.
    There are sensitivity settings from 1-8. If you have it on 7 or 8, it can pick up a slide closing. Setting # 8 will allow you to time suppressed firearms if you keep it close enough to the gun for the last shot.

Another really neat feature is the string memory (holds the last 10 strings). If you forget to record a time, you can count back to that string and it's still there. It's tough to get the first few times you do it, but it can really save your butt in a match if you have it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a 7000 as well. MSG Paul Howe has 2 and says they've lasted longer than any of his previous shot timers (and they get used daily). Mine has been great for me.
    Kelly H
    Yes, I know. No, I won't tell you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Where would be a good place to pick the 7000 up? Has anyone had any problems with the buttons. The only complaint I've really hear about the CED is the buttons are "kind of cheap" as I've hear a few people say. Ive been wanting to get a shot timer for a while, that way I can do a little more on the range by myself, and know exactly what Im really doing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast