Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YHM Suppressor

Feedback Score

YHM Suppressor

I'm in the market for some NFA goodness and was wondering if any of you have heard or have first hand knowledge of the YHM Suppressor. Looks like a good deal and I'm hearing from one source that it is a great piece.

Thanks!
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score

Its probably the best value for the money available today.

Feedback Score
    A few questions if you don't mind...

Is that your can? If you've used other suppressors, how does it compare to them?
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeglik
    A few questions if you don't mind...

Is that your can? If you've used other suppressors, how does it compare to them?
    Thats the can I decided to keep for myself. I've got about 3K rounds through it on the AK shown above. It has never come loose, it has never carboned up to where it was hard to remove, the rifle shot 3" groups at 100yds without the can, and shoots 3" groups with the can.
    I have shot it side by side with several other cans (I cant say which or I'll get in trouble-again).

Every can has a distinct sound, even when fired from the same rifle. It is not the quietest can I have heard, but it is damn good enough for me to have a lot of fun shooting.

There is really nothing close to it price wise, but it is worth every penny.
    It is NOT satainless steel, it is not the lightest QD suppressor, and I think it looks cheap an ugly. The bonus of it not being SS, is it is parkerized, so it will stay the color it is, instead of having the paint bake off.

If you have to fill out a Form 4 to get a suppressor, this can is all you "need". If you want something different, you can count on paying almost twice as much.

I know videos dont do justice, but heres mine http://72.240.4.142/junkpics/suppressedAK.MPG

Feedback Score
    Thanks again...

This one is looking more and more attractive to me. I don't care if it's ugly. I just want an easy quick detach, moderately lightweight, and as little POI change as possible.

This is just for fun, I won't be using it for work or anything.
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeglik
    I just want an easy quick detach, moderately lightweight, and as little POI change as possible.
    You're not getting that from a suppressor that is just over $500.
    Weight
    YHM 23oz
    Gemtech G5 21oz
    OPS INC 15th 17oz
    Surefire 556K 16oz
    AAC SCAR-SD 17oz

The cans with the least POI change I have shot cost twice that of the YHM. I'm sure, any POI shift with the YHM will be small enough that it doesnt matter - I've never seen any shift more than 2" at 100yds. I'm not sure what your expectations are, but I still bet you would be happy with the YHM and extra ammo.

Feedback Score
    I may have misspoke a bit. I'm willing to have a bit of POI change, but just wanted to keep it within reason. I won't be doing much "precision" shooting with it.

Same thing with the weight. Three or four ounces isn't going to matter much to me as I won't be carrying it any great distance or anything.
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks bigbore for all the info as well. I've been looking into these also.

Feedback Score
    Thanks new here also and I was intrested it their products also.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The looks are growing on me. It's still cheaper than a HALO, isn't it?

I just don't like the looks of the mount quite yet. Looks a little sloppy. I hate to say it, but I like the AAC ratchet better.

I do have to add that I haven't heard of the YHM allowing the suppressor to loosen and possible shift...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast