Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NoXplode

Feedback Score
    ive gotten away from these sorta things... NO Explode, NO Shotgun, Superpump 250... they all feel like they are gonna give me a heart attack and make me throw up while im working out. I work out with lots of intensity, no to little rest between sets, and these things make me feel like im about to die, especially when running.

They do work great though for giving you a little kick in the nuts while your down. Ill take them to help wake me up on days when im not training or just doing hiking/lower intensity training.

Feedback Score
    RF - interesting. That's the experience my 21 year old had with the stuff. He cranks up the pace pretty hard too. Hmmm. I thought it was just him.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    RF - interesting. That's the experience my 21 year old had with the stuff. He cranks up the pace pretty hard too. Hmmm. I thought it was just him.
    I to am 21, and last week while taking my PST during the running portion i felt like i was about to have a heart attack, i was honestly, seriously concerned. My chest began hurting and my heart felt like it was about to blow up, i also started cramping. That was the last time i will ever take any sort of pre work out supp, atleast one with caffeine. I ended up doing alright on the PST but, that scared the shit outta me.

they cause the things they cause because theyre all crammed with caffeine, and they all have something in them that makes them fizzle up, i forget what it is but its essentially carbonation... i usually burp quite a bit after i take them.

Im down to pretty much no supplements, all creatine mono did for me was cause me to bloat up and hold a bunch of water. i just eat right and drink lots of water. only supps i take now are a multi vitamin, asperin and fruit before a work out.
    Last edited by Romeo Foxtrot; 12-03-09 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

I KNOW each of us have different metabolisms due to race, age, condition and just being unique individuals. Some things work for me that don't seem to have an effect on others and vice versa. If it's a placebo effect that's not ALL bad, either. We ALL have the capacity to improve ourselves through MIND alone. The problem is obtaining that.

BTW, everyone should go to http://www.sciencedirect.com and type something such as "creatine", "amino acid", "muscle", "intensity", "periodization", "growth", "strength" in some combination.

Everyone will not be able to download the .pdf for no charge but if you belong to a university or research institute you will be able to download many.

If you have titles you're interested in let me know.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post

While they dont list each individual components contribution to the 18grams, I'd REALLY put some money it alot of its composed of caffiene.

There are some BCAAs and creatine in there, granted its not monohydrate I believe. There is also alot of shit in there I wouldn't put in my body.
    I'm in agreement with you Derek. 18g (18000mg) of "proprietary blend" = we have no idea what the dose is of any of it, and it's a mish mash of stuff that's far from proven to be effective, or, even safe. Some of it, for example the CEE, has been shown to be bordering on unsafe, due to it's rapid conversion to creatinine.

For those who want more indepth info into the various drawbacks to Proprietary blends, see The Truth About Proprietary Blends in Nutritional Supplements
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-26-09 at 18:10.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12