Thread: Tips for disaster

Feedback Score

Tips for disaster

Besides purchasing one of those first aid kits, what items would you suggest to keep for disaster safety procedures? I know so many people who don't take those necessary precautions to be safe, and their safety becomes in danger. I'm basically looking for a disaster checklist or a disaster preparedness checklist that everyone should just keep. I would personally rather be safe than sorry....

Feedback Score
    There are any number of places that a checklist can be obtained from:

FEMA

Preparedness

72 Hours

to show a few...but it really depends on how you want to prep...shelter in place, bug out, temp desplacement?
    If you can read this, thank a teacher...if it's written in English, thank a United States Marine!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_otw View Post
    There are any number of places that a checklist can be obtained from:

FEMA

Preparedness

72 Hours

to show a few...but it really depends on how you want to prep...shelter in place, bug out, temp desplacement?

Same questions I had. I found lots of info just by typing survival in a search engine.
    Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Feedback Score
    Here in California...I live near a active fault zone, so I have to store accordingly. I actually am building up four, three-day kits that need to be stored in various locations around my property. This is in case of another Loma Prieta type event where areas of the building could be damaged and the kits unreachable.

In addition, I have a line on a contractors med size job box. If you are unfamiliar, or if I am calling it something else, its a large, water tight metal box that is very heavy and can be secured outside, on site. They store tools within it and it makes it convenient and safe (relative term, I know) to keep items there and readily available right in my back yard.

My goal is to have this box outside, complete with weapon as a last resort stash.

...all it takes is $$$...

So, I build as I can, as best as I can, and upgrade as I can afford it....better lights, better packs...better trauma kit, you get the idea.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher...if it's written in English, thank a United States Marine!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Same questions I had. I found lots of info just by typing survival in a search engine.
    Lots of data there...but like any research, cross check the info ( and any pricing!). Just like looking up any medical data, conflicting data abounds.
    Last edited by Shadow_otw; 12-01-09 at 09:46. Reason: too fast on the darn enter key!